No announcement yet.

Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing what you remember when you see it. I had that trip over traps game. I think it was given to me as a child from someone who had 'grown out of it'. Another one I had was one of the Turtles series of Tomy wind ups, it was Donatello's Sewer Seltzer, and I've now just ordered one on eBay thinking about it

Comment

I also had Screwball Scramble as a kid and really loved it. I had forgotten all about that. Very interesting that Keita Takahashi was a fan too.

That Kongman game QC posted looks exactly like the type of thing i would've really enjoyed, too.

Going well off topic now, but I had one of these, too, which was brilliant:

Comment

A special purchase today as i rarely ever buy game osts in fact the last one i did was the amazing kid icarus uprising one. Been after this one for a while. The ost to Riz-zoawD the little known wizard of OZ DS RPG game, the ost to this game is fantastic.

Love a lot of the tracks in this game but this is one of my faves
        Last edited by importaku; 03-12-2020, 15:29.

Comment

Kongman = Pure Nostalgia, same with Screwball Scarmble

This game was amazing and scary too!

Worth something now!

Enter if you dare! Encounter many monsters and traps only seen in Horror House!

And of course who could forget!

Rampart the Board Game!
          Last edited by CAPCOM; 03-12-2020, 16:48.

Comment

Paging [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION]

Comment

Ruined my plan to head into town early but I'm glad it's here. That's my old 1070 Ti beside it, decent bit shorter.

Comment

Headphones. Finally.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Ruined my plan to head into town early but I'm glad it's here. That's my old 1070 Ti beside it, decent bit shorter.
                  Niiicee. Any thoughts on the performance of it? You playing anything at absurd frame rates?

Comment

Playing Forza Horizon 4 at 120+ FPS with g-sync at 1440p is pretty good! My 1070 Ti didn't do too badly with that either mind. Performs well in Final Fantasy XIV too (of course). Going to try Cyberpunk for the DLSS stuff in the next few days I think. Didn't explicitly buy it for that but hey, timing. Ran a few ray tracing demos and they looked great and it scored about double what my 1070 Ti did in Superposition!
                    Last edited by speedlolita; 07-12-2020, 18:47.

Comment

Playing Forza Horizon 4 at 120+ FPS with g-sync at 1440p is pretty good! My 1070 Ti didn't do too badly with that either mind. Performs well in Final Fantasy XIV too (of course). Going to try Cyberpunk for the DLSS stuff in the next few days I think. Didn't explicitly buy it for that but hey, timing. Ran a few ray tracing demos and they looked great and it scored about double what my 1070 Ti did in Superposition!
                      Managed any undervolting yet?

Comment

Should I be? Seems to load at about 70c which seemed okay to me, or does that help it boost better or something?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          Headphones. Finally.
                          I keep looking at these. I don't need them but curiosity and all that.

I had the originals X1's back in 2012 when everyone was calling them the new hotness. The build quality was exceptional, quite solid, lots of metal. The sound was very warm, quite a bit of emphasis on bass which I didn't gel with. To me it was muddy more than bloated. But I believe the X2/X2HR's resolved those issues and tightened everything up as well as opening up the soundstage. I think these would be a interesting opposite of the more neutral cans I have (K702 - just repaired again, K712).
                          Last edited by Digfox; 08-12-2020, 08:38.

Comment

Lack of replaceable parts puts me off those Philips.

Comment

Lack of replaceable parts puts me off those Philips.
                              I'm not sure at this price bracket that it matters too much. For example even when parts are replaceable, like the AKG K702s, I can replace certain pieces but in some cases those pieces cost more than buying the actual headphone again (i.e. the adjustable headphone strap). Or they aren't available to the UK (elastic for the headphone straps).

That is definitely a great thing about the Beyerdynamic headphones but I think it's more important when dealing with more expensive headphones. Unlike the X1s, you can at least replace the earpads on the X2/X2HRs albeit being OEM parts.

Comment

Yeah, these were only €150. As long as I can replace the pads, at least, I'm good.

Comment

Working...
                                X