No announcement yet.

Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i find the misters intriguing but a pretty expensive once you start getting all the bits, they do look like a lot of fun to tinker with though.

Comment

I'm telling myself I'll bite once 32-bit consoles are supported but they're getting increasingly more appealing as is right now with all the arcade support. Expense keeping me at bay right now I guess. Definitely sounds like a lot of fun to tinker with.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        i find the misters intriguing but a pretty expensive once you start getting all the bits, they do look like a lot of fun to tinker with though.
        Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        I'm telling myself I'll bite once 32-bit consoles are supported but they're getting increasingly more appealing as is right now with all the arcade support. Expense keeping me at bay right now I guess. Definitely sounds like a lot of fun to tinker with.
        Yea, it is expensive - not far off the cost of the PS5 DE all told. I've been looking at MiSTer for a while now, and it's taken some time to accept the cost. That said I did jump in fully and buy everything in one go. You can keep costs down by not buying IO Board, USB hub, copper heatsink, WiFi dongle etc. Or even just getting the 32MB RAM module (depends on what you want to run). Will bring it in under £200 then.

One word to describe setting this up last night, is fragile. Probably no more so than a Raspberry Pi and such like but obviously very much a kit-format. I think I can see the appeal of putting this in an actual mITX case now to give it some protection. Although this perspex case makes it very portable.

I think it's the versatility of this setup that's finally drawn me in. The ability to play a growing number of arcade games pretty much any 8/16-bit format.

RE: 32-bit and newer formats I understand there is a PlayStation 1 and Atari Jaguar core but that is the going to be the limit of the current DE10-Nano.
        Last edited by Digfox; 17-12-2020, 11:12.

Comment

Newest hoard of stuff from Japan, Densha, taiko rpg pack, my japanese g&w and the god tier ost to Riz-zoawd.

Was gonna save densha till xmas but what the hell. Time to get my choo on.

Comment

Xmas gaming related gifts from family. Psyched to finally try Ring Fit Adventure and hopefully I can jump into Yakuza soon.

Comment

My new Christmas gaming goodies

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                Xmas gaming related gifts from family. Psyched to finally try Ring Fit Adventure and hopefully I can jump into Yakuza soon.

Ring fit is great. We've been using ring fit for a few months. Definitely helps. Especially these days.

Comment

Husband got me this great Gameboy USB lamp for Christmas and Sakuna of Rice and Ruin for my birthday yesterday along with some animal crossing pin badges.

Really loving the game's character design, voice acting and music, getting strong 'SSB Melee' story mode and GC 'Harvest moon: A Wonderful life' vibes.

Comment

Something i have been after for a while, a Nintendo zone distribution box something that Nintendo doesn't really want falling into customers hands lol oops too late. For all intents it's basically a single screen DSi but i can use my complete collection of DS download station carts with it to basically make my very own official DS download zone now. As a nice bonus it still has it's Nintendo zone cart but that cart is useless as it will no longer work since Nintendo shut the service down.

Pointless? yeah kind of as you can use a regular DS with the download carts but this is a very nice addition to my DS collection. Only the 2nd piece of non consumer hardware i own now, the download stations came in a few forms but this is the sleekest of them.

Last edited by importaku; 29-12-2020, 15:10.

Comment

A large pile of sega related fun arrived just in time for the new year, not bad considering i got it posted on boxing day, another huge box sailed right by customs with zero tax ah always feels good muwahaha.

Comment

FFS man, don't jinx it!

Comment

its parcelforce so if i was gonna get a customs bill i'd have gotten it before they delivered, my super cheap £10 astro bundle is the best deal i bought on amazon Japan LOOOL. Such low prices.

Comment

My new arrival today

Too cheap not to finally buy a set

Neil

Comment

a nice pickup there, just a heads up make sure you calibrate the game for lag before you play there's options in the game settings for you to do so in a manner of ways it will help with note accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                                Husband got me this great Gameboy USB lamp for Christmas and Sakuna of Rice and Ruin for my birthday yesterday along with some animal crossing pin badges.

Really loving the game's character design, voice acting and music, getting strong 'SSB Melee' story mode and GC 'Harvest moon: A Wonderful life' vibes.

It is nice to have a partner who buys stuff you're in to. My wife would never buy me anything tech related or game related even though it's obvious that's what I like . Big thumbs up to your partner :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                                X