No announcement yet.

Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers crossed. I have the download and it’s awful!

Comment

That’s one thing that would be interesting to know weather limited run work with the devs to fix them up before production or they just get the code to slap onto a disk and send it to Sony’s manufacturing plant, my guess is gonna be no.

Comment

Generally they hang about until the game's done patching and is in a good / complete state before they go into production. It the digital version with up to date patches hasn't fixed a particular issue, it's fairly safe to assume it'll still be the case on the disc.

Comment

I have it too, again it’s still sealed but I might give it a whirl later. Afaik it was only previously available on the PS3 and that was itself the ps2 version hence how bad it looked. I’m hoping this is better but I doubt it.

Comment

The Metal Slug Anthology on PS4 is a port of the PS2 version.

On PS5 it doesn't have 100% solid backwards compatibility.

Comment

Tried it out the resolution is 4:3 but the image is pixel sharp and not blurry at all there's also a really nice scanline filter option that gives faint scanlines so it looks pretty nice on my tv. Had no idea it was a PS2 game till it came up with the PS2 logo while booting i feared the worst when i saw that super janky PS2 fmv lol. Either i'm imagining it or the PS2 version doesn't have as many frames of animation as the arcade roms though, could just be me or they down ported it when they put it on PS2

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Generally they hang about until the game's done patching and is in a good / complete state before they go into production. It the digital version with up to date patches hasn't fixed a particular issue, it's fairly safe to assume it'll still be the case on the disc.
                Not always. Vita owners got shafted with Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds as it was just the bare game on the cart where as the PS4 one had all the dlc too. Ys Origin was the base unpatched game too. Mercenary Kings Reloaded wasn't done because they would have had to do a rebuild of the game to get it on a cart. Funny how Play-Asia managed to get Ys AND Mercenary Kings complete and fully patched on cart though. And let's not forget they released a version of Night Trap which can't be completed due to a bug!

LRG are just a cash grab.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Tried it out the resolution is 4:3 but the image is pixel sharp and not blurry at all there's also a really nice scanline filter option that gives faint scanlines so it looks pretty nice on my tv. Had no idea it was a PS2 game till it came up with the PS2 logo while booting i feared the worst when i saw that super janky PS2 fmv lol. Either i'm imagining it or the PS2 version doesn't have as many frames of animation as the arcade roms though, could just be me or they down ported it when they put it on PS2

oh nice. I’ll open mine then.

Comment

Apparently, after a quick Google, these are the issues with the PS2 / PS4 Metal Slug Anthology:

Input lag, shuddering load times in the middle of stages, bad sound emulation, no hit hit flash on some versions.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Genuinely surprised to read this. The download version is awful and far, far away from the original. I know you’re a fan so really shocked you’re impressed by it. (Unless it’s way different from the download)

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        Genuinely surprised to read this. The download version is awful and far, far away from the original. I know you’re a fan so really shocked you’re impressed by it. (Unless it’s way different from the download)
                        Don't get me wrong it's not perfect, i have noticed that the sound stutters for a fraction of a second while playing and there is indeed a ugly loading sign between stages. When i get home i'll do a screen grab so you can see if it looks different to how it was on yours but from what i can see the graphics are not blurry they are pin sharp like it's been played through a emulator sharp. Only tried the first 2 slugs out & X so far not sure if all the rest display the same as i just had a quick go last night.

Comment

I’ll do the same when I get home tonight, maybe it’s my TV? I’ll have to redownload it mind you as I deleted it in disgust.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Input lag, shuddering load times in the middle of stages, bad sound emulation, no hit hit flash on some versions.
                            I deleted it off of my PS2 HDD. I'll wait until I get a MiSTer before running it on my CRT.

Neo stuff is up there with MegaDrive when it comes to ease of emulating perfectly. There should be absolutely no compromises when it's on a PS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              I’ll do the same when I get home tonight, maybe it’s my TV? I’ll have to redownload it mind you as I deleted it in disgust.
                              Took my lazy ass a bit longer but i took a few screen grabs using the ps4 screenshot feature, i left the scanlines on as i like them. The screen is pretty much fullscreen but in 4:3 there are graphical borders you can enable to cover up the side black bars but they also shrink down the screen a bit however they do make it look even sharper but i prefer to have black bars & bigger screen. The only janky looking stuff is the video at the start as it's obviously using the original ps2 assets and it looks very rough but the games themselves they look sharp.

Not sure how well imgur will display so i'll leave direct image links as well as embedded

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              I deleted it off of my PS2 HDD. I'll wait until I get a MiSTer before running it on my CRT.

Neo stuff is up there with MegaDrive when it comes to ease of emulating perfectly. There should be absolutely no compromises when it's on a PS4.
                              Yeah the ps4 can eeeeeasily handle neo stuff i think the problem is that this is not a ps4 game but a ps2 one, i didn't do my homework when i clicked order on limited run as i had no idea i was buying a ps2 compilation i just thought these were converted arcade roms for the ps4. While i can play arcade perfect on mame this collection is just about serviceable for playing, i can put up with the quirks for a general play session but it's definitely not the best way to play those games.
                              Last edited by importaku; 31-01-2021, 09:35.

Comment

The really frustrating thing about the Neo stuff on PlayStation Network is that there is more than one version.

There's the ACA stuff which is single game stuff that is generally really good and has the choice between the JPN or US game on boot and then there's the SNK released PS2 compilations that aren't quite as good for whatever technical reason.

The thing is the ACA games are £6 each whereas the PS2 stuff is regularly in the sales.

The Neo stuff that is worth getting in the retro sale are Windjammers, Garou, Last Blade 2, KoF 97, KoF 98, Sam Sho V as these have been properly ported and have borders, trophies, cross-play with Vita.

The PS2 stuff is really hit and miss as proven by KoF 2000 running with loads of glitches on PS5 backwards compatibility.

I'm amazed that there hasn't been a full NeoGeo retro collection for consoles.

Comment

Working...
                                X