Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    The really frustrating thing about the Neo stuff on PlayStation Network is that there is more than one version.

There's the ACA stuff which is single game stuff that is generally really good and has the choice between the JPN or US game on boot and then there's the SNK released PS2 compilations that aren't quite as good for whatever technical reason.

The thing is the ACA games are £6 each whereas the PS2 stuff is regularly in the sales.

The Neo stuff that is worth getting in the retro sale are Windjammers, Garou, Last Blade 2, KoF 97, KoF 98, Sam Sho V as these have been properly ported and have borders, trophies, cross-play with Vita.

The PS2 stuff is really hit and miss as proven by KoF 2000 running with loads of glitches on PS5 backwards compatibility.

I'm amazed that there hasn't been a full NeoGeo retro collection for consoles.
    It's a real shame that M2's NEOGEO Station service flopped.

Comment

Nothing to show but decided to pick up cuphead as it's one of the few i'm happy to double dip even in it's less than idea digital form. Already have it on PS4 but it's nice to have it portable i'll be triple dipping when the switch physical finally surfaces as i love this game. Super rusty though only just made it halfway through the second inkwell island.

Comment

Picked up the cuphead graphic novel it's not super thick but my goodness the art in it is amaaaaazing. They nailed keeping the art style just like the game. Hope they release more volumes of it.

Comment

Still refusing to shift to vinyl, CDs all the way. Top two from Laced Records, bottom two via Wayô Records.

Comment

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] Nice. It’s amazing that it’s taken this long for decent CD versions of SOR tbh. I really respect what the Data Discs guys do, but I just have no interest in vinyl personally, so it’s pretty useless to me. Tempted to pick up those SOR CDs.

Comment

Data Discs have said before that they're not interested in running CDs given everything they do is already available in that format, which I guess is true... just a lot of it is out of print. Impracticality, cost, and physical size aside, the nature of everything on vinyl being small, one-off print runs just feels like asking for even more trouble.

The SoR CDs are available via the Sega online store too FYI, just in case you want to get that Sonic the Hedgehog face mask I know you've been eyeing up at the same time.
              Last edited by fuse; 10-02-2021, 12:38.

Comment

I try not to collect any more, but with the CD releases (and others) it seems as soon as something goes out of print I see it being sold for 300 when it was originally a 30 quid release. Really puts me off.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  The really frustrating thing about the Neo stuff on PlayStation Network is that there is more than one version.

There's the ACA stuff which is single game stuff that is generally really good and has the choice between the JPN or US game on boot and then there's the SNK released PS2 compilations that aren't quite as good for whatever technical reason.

The thing is the ACA games are £6 each whereas the PS2 stuff is regularly in the sales.

The Neo stuff that is worth getting in the retro sale are Windjammers, Garou, Last Blade 2, KoF 97, KoF 98, Sam Sho V as these have been properly ported and have borders, trophies, cross-play with Vita.

The PS2 stuff is really hit and miss as proven by KoF 2000 running with loads of glitches on PS5 backwards compatibility.

I'm amazed that there hasn't been a full NeoGeo retro collection for consoles.
                  This also surprises me there is no collection of Neo Geo games for PS4/PS5, Xbox, Switch etc. Think it is because they can sell them piece meal and make more money.

Comment

3D world arrived along with the steelbook

Also a set of mario & peach furries amiibo

Hopefully my mario edition switch will arrive today too, it's down to be delivered later on this afternoon.

Comment

LOL 8 mins later and the door goes again, and my switch is here. Better wait for it to warm up before opening the box and turning on as it's ice cold to the touch. Don't want a fried switch from condensation.

Comment

Looks good, I think they are the same shade of red as my ones - I got the Mario Odyssey pack. Not as spiffy as yours of course as the rest of it is stock.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Looks good, I think they are the same shade of red as my ones - I got the Mario Odyssey pack. Not as spiffy as yours of course as the rest of it is stock.
                          Seems they are slightly different shade to the mario red ones that were previously released, man system transfer was nervewracking i hate it as i had that horror scenario that my taiko dlc was gonna get nuked. Bloody animal crossing save was a chore to do as i had no idea that i needed a download off the eshop to move my save over to a new console as when i tried to do it without it started like it was the first time i ever played i thought i had lost my seveal hundred hour save file but thankfully i managed to get it across. Had to set up a new account on old switch though so i could get connected to eshop & get the tool off as it needs to be on both consoles.

Finally got everything swapped over and a nice new glass screen protector installed, interestingly nintendo gave me a screen protector in the box it's about time they acknowledged that those screens are flimsy and need protecting. Took a few pics seeing as i had most of it out the box but left the rest in the bottom.

Ironically i think of it less as mario edition as more taiko no tatsujn as it matches don & kats colours perfectly hehe.

EDIT:
                          someone posted their joycons next to new version seems the shades are different
                          Last edited by importaku; 12-02-2021, 18:06.

Comment

Oh wow, yes, very different.

It looks great!

Comment

Two fanzines came this week!

First is Astral Noize's 'Soulsborne' edition, meeting at the intersection of video game and heavy metal fandoms, and the other is the second edition of the GhM Zine, which has grown in size and scope! Looking forward to leafing through both of these.

Comment

Persona 5 Strikers on Switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X