Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snap

Comment

With the incoming release of the super mario game & watch, I decided seeing as it doesn't have a stand built in i'd go looking for one instead to plop it onto so i can use the clock feature i may use it to replace my nixi tube clock under my tv. This one is a hand made stand off ebay but it's really nicely made & the seller makes it specifically for the super mario version i doubt if nintendo released a stand it would be half as nice as this one. Came to about £20 but worth it, the inlay brushed gold metal on the text like the same stuff they use on the face panels is a nice touch

in case anyone wants one i'll share the ebay link, he only has 4 in stock though
      Last edited by importaku; 25-09-2020, 12:57.

Comment

Seeing as i finally picked up taiko for switch decided to get a dust cover for my tatacon as i'll be leaving it out pretty much all the time.

Also picked up a Kat version, too much choice for face expressions though, went for a winking one for Kat hehe.

Comment

Pretty excited as by total accident i found there's finally a mass made controller converter out that works on the switch to specifically amongst other things to let you play using the taiko drums from either the switch or wii u versions. Looks like it uses the homebrew work of the guy that created the osu adapter to let you do this a few years back i missed out on been able to get one of those so i'm stoked there's now a proper retail version using his work. I'm hoping the switch version of taiko has the lag delay setup like older versions did so i can tweak out any input lag the converter might add.

giant taiko controller you can finally come back out of storage to play with me on the switch

Comment

I’m so jealous of that taiko controller. The genuine PS4 taiko controllers are so expensive these days too.

Comment

I didn't realise that the PS4 version drum was so hard to get hold of now, i was wondering why it was a bit more expensive on amazon japan. With the switch and PS4 using regular old usb i'm wondering if you could just use the switch drum on PS4? i think both versions use the same model with controls built into the bottom portion but i'm wondering if the button mapping is off between them.

I know when that converter arrives i'm gonna have to hot swap cables while playing as my huge tattacon doesn't have the navigation controls to get around menus. I am hoping though once im in the main song list menu i can navigate using the drum when selecting songs though. There is another taiko controller thats supposed to be amazing called the taiko force LV5 it's supposed to be super accurate as it uses the exact rubber top of the arcade machines only downside is the back stand is very janky as you just get some pieces of mdf to screw into some brackets to make a stand for it however as controllers go it's pretty much at the top it's leagues better than even hori's giant pro controller. It's extremely heavy though so on top of the $400 for the taiko force theres probably another £100+ to get it shipped not gonna lie though i'm seriously tempted.

Comment

That taiko force LV5 sounds the business. I really fancy updating my PS2 Taiko games to the PS4 version. I did buy the Switch version for my niece but it doesn’t work on my Switch Lite as there’s no TV out. I’ll borrow her drum again and try it on my PS4. Post lockdown of course.

Comment

[MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION].

PS4 Taiko Drum Sessions is currently on sale for £9.99 on PSN!!

Comment

Cheers for the tip. It would be rude not to!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      That taiko force LV5 sounds the business. I really fancy updating my PS2 Taiko games to the PS4 version. I did buy the Switch version for my niece but it doesn’t work on my Switch Lite as there’s no TV out. I’ll borrow her drum again and try it on my PS4. Post lockdown of course.
                      after doing some googling it seems you can use the switch drum on PS4 and all the inputs work however the PS4 has some authentication thing that if it's not a official PS4 spec item it will disconnect after 10 mins apparently you need a controller converter to remove this restriction or you could just reconnect when it disconnects but i imagine that would get annoying fast especially if you are in the middle of a song.

Comment

Ace with the Flip Grip

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Ace with the Flip Grip

Flip Grip's great, but for such intense shumps the false d-apd is unbearable...personally I've found anything above easy is almost unplayable.

Comment

I’m finding the analogue stick much more effective than the false d. Works surprisingly well.

Comment

Mhmmm, probably out of habit my thumb automatically goes to the d-pad rather than an analogic stick for certain types of games.

Comment

Guess the problem with the flip grip is that you're not able to use one of the Hori dpad joycons with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X