Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    You'll love Kingdom Hearts. Finished bio hazard 2 in 8 hours yet only half way through Kingdom Hearts 3 on 23 hours! The toy story and frozen stages look epic! There are also so areas on the pirates of the Caribbean stage that look film like. Even when donnald is in frame is looks like a CG and liveaction hybrid. You've got to play it in 4K. It's stunning.
    It's because of your views on gaming pick up's that I bought it (God's honest truth) it's looks insanely good on the One X

Comment

Kingdom Hearts looks class but I've not played any of the others in the series.

Comment

It's all a bunch of nonsense anyway, I don't think you'd lose anything jumping straight in and working backwards if you did like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I've only played the 2nd game on the PS2 in Japanese which was annoying but I did enjoy it. That's why I bought the 3rd game. Starts off slow but gets better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            I've only played the 2nd game on the PS2 in Japanese which was annoying but I did enjoy it. That's why I bought the 3rd game. Starts off slow but gets better and better.

Comment

I bought the KH All-In-One Package on PSN. It has 1.5 + 2.5, 2.8 and 3 for £80 which is amazing value. Originally wanted to play KH3 on my One X but the offer was just too good to pass up, even if KH3 runs at 900p on the PS4 Slim. Might get it on my X when on sale. It's a huge shame that a similar package wasn't released for the Xbox One to coincide with the series debut on the Xbox.

So far I've completed KH Final Mix, watched a summary video of Re:Chain of Memories (couldn't be bothered with the card based combat system) and completed KH2 Final Mix. On to the 358/2 Days "movie" soon before Birth by Sleep Final Mix.

In other news, I rather impulsively bought an Xbox 360 E 250GB unit. Prefer this model as you can just connect headphones to the 3.5mm AV port in the back. With the Eon GCHD Mk-II on the way I can now use my headphones for all my consoles (GameCube, Wii on Wii U through Game Pad, 360, PS4, One X, Switch) on my 4K TV.

Re-visiting the 360 these days is amazing. Even though a lot of the games are backwards compatible on the Xbox One,
              there are still a lot of gems that aren't. I also already own a few digital 360 games on my One X but still nice to have physical copies, specially when they are this cheap. Paid £60 for the console + 2 controllers and used (and sometimes new) games are £5 to £8 each for 90% of the library. Picked up the following games for £4 each:

Alan Wake
              Binary Domain
              Blue Dragon
              El Shaddai
              Final Fantasy XIII
              Gears of War
              Gears of War 3
              Halo: ODST
              Killer Is Dead
              Ninja Gaiden II
              Shadows of the Damned

Plus Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury (wish they had just ported the DC version over, this one's not as good) and Rez HD from the Marketplace and also a brand new controller for £20.

No pics as most of the cases needs replacing as they are full of 50% off and 3 for 2 stickers. Luckily I found a store which had 32 sealed copies of Child of Eden at £1 each, so keeping one copy for myself and using the rest as replacement cases
              Last edited by Nico87; 16-02-2019, 21:56.

Comment

Not many games in January but I did buy a bunch of Dark Witch Story merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  It's all a bunch of nonsense anyway, I don't think you'd lose anything jumping straight in and working backwards if you did like it.
                  Literally the only people saying this are people who haven't bothered playing every game, or are in it for the Disney stuff and don't care about the overarching plot.

I swear, had every title been numbered (as they should have been, they are NOT spin-offs), I think more people would have played everything (or skipped everything including 3) as jumping to the 7th or 8th game within a saga wouldn't make sense. Jumping straight to KH3 is like jumping straight to the final season of Game of Thrones. The only slightly skippable game is Chain of Memories as the story in KH2 was written before the story in CoM.

KH has hit me with so many feels after only two games that I can't ever recommend people jumping straight to 3. I mean, the game even opens with the final scenes of BBS 0.2. Nothing in 3 makes sense except the stand alone-ish Disney plots which usually blend into the main story at some point anyway. Don't get me wrong, there's still great fun to be had in each separate game.

A lot of people assume that KH3 is a soft reboot or whatever because it's been 14 years since the last "main game" was released, but like I said above, games like Dream Drop Distance are main games and that was "only" released 7 years ago.
                  Last edited by Nico87; 17-02-2019, 11:50.

Comment

Not sure whether to post here or in the retro equivalent - although as a modern controller it felt more at home here. I've missed out getting Speedlink's re-releases of the Comp Pro before and when I last looked a year or so ago they were incredibly expensive from resellers. So was a nice surprise to see an new version, with better polling and all for £30 (I paid £30.04 from Amazon)

Hopefully no issues working on the RPi. Anyway the king is back...

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                      Not sure whether to post here or in the retro equivalent - although as a modern controller it felt more at home here. I've missed out getting Speedlink's re-releases of the Comp Pro before and when I last looked a year or so ago they were incredibly expensive from resellers. So was a nice surprise to see an new version, with better polling and all for £30 (I paid £30.04 from Amazon)

Hopefully no issues working on the RPi. Anyway the king is back...

Got one of those sticks a few years back mine was the clear version, they are great sticks i use mine a lot for spectrum & amiga gaming on my pc although it works pretty excellent in mame as well.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Got one of those sticks a few years back mine was the clear version, they are great sticks i use mine a lot for spectrum & amiga gaming on my pc although it works pretty excellent in mame as well.
                        Yea it's lovely. Just played a couple of Amiga games on it. At first I thought the buttons felt different and the whole thing lighter, but to be honest I'm not sure it is. The stick is as stiff as anything and the stick/buttons are microswitched. I can't perceive any lag with this and it actually made my hand hurt a little bit but that might be because I haven't held a Comp Pro is 25 or so years.

I do think the clear and red button ones were the best looking. But unfortunately it appears this anniversary edition is just the red/black colour scheme atm.

Only negative is the speedlink red logo at the back of the stick. Looks a bit 'naff.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                          Yea it's lovely. Just played a couple of Amiga games on it. At first I thought the buttons felt different and the whole thing lighter, but to be honest I'm not sure it is. The stick is as stiff as anything and the stick/buttons are microswitched. I can't perceive any lag with this and it actually made my hand hurt a little bit but that might be because I haven't held a Comp Pro is 25 or so years.

I do think the clear and red button ones were the best looking. But unfortunately it appears this anniversary edition is just the red/black colour scheme atm.

Only negative is the speedlink red logo at the back of the stick. Looks a bit 'naff.
                          I found the stiffness took a while to get used to, i don't remember the one i played on as a kid been that stuff but it could be i'm just used to modern day sticks. The clickyness is nice though hehe

Comment

They were always stiff. I remember on the original that it was akin to the original Atari 2600 stick - although nothing is as stiff as that thing was. You're right Hori sticks or arcade sticks are looser. I think I just need to get used to that form factor again.

Certainly makes Amiga emulation feel more right holding an actual Competition Pro.

Comment

Comment

Really like how the steel tin looks very much like the classic box art used on Colin McRae 2 on the PS/PC

Comment

Working...
                                X