X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy's videos (all of them)!

I'm surprised that he doesn't have more views and subscribers

Comment

Gonna be a month til carpet goes down in the game room so I have set my PSVR up in there anyway. Yay, VR back in action and just bought star Trek bridge crew to celebrate.

Comment

I'm trying to grasp at what "setting up for your PSVR" could mean as a euphemism after you've "laid some carpet".

Comment

Windows 10 doesn't report the speed of my CPU correctly, currently sat at 4.6GHz (2500K). Does yours do this [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]?

Comment

Nope!

Comment

Lol, must be this Z68 board I got from China then

Comment

Just heading back from another day/night of the Edinburgh festival. If you love a bit of comedy and ever have a chance to see an Irish duo called ‘totally wired’, do it. So funny we went to see them twice today, absolutely brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  I'm trying to grasp at what "setting up for your PSVR" could mean as a euphemism after you've "laid some carpet".
                  And also, whether the carpet matches the drapes.

My smile:

We’ve ordered a new washer/dryer. Proper drum style, not the top-down style like our current one(bought four years ago for £200).

We went to Bic Camera on Friday night and picked one. My wife decided to try haggling for the first time. The washer was ¥230,000(£1600) including installation and removal of the old one. She said we’d take it if he could knock it down to a nice, round ¥200,000(£1400), otherwise we’d just buy something cheaper. He got the calculator out, punched some numbers, and agreed

After that, we went for yakitori near our place. Found one which was mostly empty and decided to give it a shot. Food was delicious and they were playing stuff like Pet Shop Boys. Nice.

Comment

[MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] £1400?! Are white goods that expensive in Japan?

Comment

Only privileged white goods teddy

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                        Only privileged white goods teddy
                        Mother in law just bought a new Sharp one, talks to you as well, it told her off the other day for putting too much detergent in.

Nice experience today flying Kobe to Nagasaki, first time I've done a low-cost in my life but I bet Skymark are infinitely better than Ryanair or Easy.
                        Also looks like the typhoon will ease off before our trip back as well.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] £1400?! Are white goods that expensive in Japan?
                          You know, I didn’t consider the cost until I posted the value in pounds and got a shock! I still have to mentally convert yen into pounds to grasp the values of things.

Our current one is four years old and cost £200. It’s a top-loader and doesn’t do decent drying. It also doesn’t warm the water so I have to run a hose to the bathroom to get hot water from there when I’m washing towels, etc. Japanese flats rarely have hot and cold taps where the washing machine goes. We saw only one place with them and even the estate agent was surprised.

There are definitely models for all budgets but the western drum style ones(which can dry clothes properly) are usually expensive. The cheapest they had was £800 just for a washer.

The one we’ve bought does automatic soap/freshener dispensing, heats water up to 60C, and can be controlled from the phone. It also does other things like deodorizing clothes without washing.

I don’t argue with my wife about these things any more. She’s usually right on the money. We had a row about our dishwasher but it’s brilliant. I’m pissed off about our fridge though - a colleague offered their one for free but my wife wanted an automatic ice dispenser so we bought one with that feature for about £600. It’s good, though. Opens both ways.

The washer/dryer is also because we’re gonna start trying for a baby and it’ll be really useful then.

She wants a Roomba next. I said fine but first we need to clear up all the clutter or else the poor little guy won’t be able to go anywhere!

Comment

I'd go for the moping roomba.

...now I just need to wait for QC to read this and photoshop a sad-looking roomba together...

Comment

I'm going out, so don't have time to PhotoShop, but will an angry Roomba suffice?

Comment

£1400 for a washing machine? I think my Zanussi was about £175. Japan sounds surprisingly expensive for that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X