Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh, nice.

Putting its psychedelic properties aside, you gotta admit it's a lovely looking mushroom. The shape, the colour; it's straight out of Alice in Wonderland.

Comment

Weeeeeeell, there were better things found on that hike today. Including this beauty randomly carved from a dead tree in the woods.

View from up top wasn't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Went hiking today and came across hundreds of these, which I would never have known what they are until the other day. [MENTION=16623]Zen Monkey[/MENTION] would've lost his mind. Literally.

Couldn't you post them to him?

Oh yeah that eagle looks amazing. I wish I came across something like that randomly.

Comment

My mate came back from a bike ride brandishing one of those beauties once. He was quite into his mountain biking when we weren’t up the woods for other more nafarious free-party based reasons...

You get loads of wild mushrooms growing around here, small ones all over the grass verges by the path and in random grassy patches. If you venture into the woods you can find some cracking puff-balls and other much bigger mushrooms and toadstools. The kids have always been quite fascinated by them so it’s nice to go for a walk in t woods and see what we can see.

This was from August last year.
          Last edited by _SD_; 21-09-2018, 22:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
            ...Sandstorm by Darude...
            Keeper right there [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] 😉

Comment

If I could emulate only a 10th of that Jeff Goldblum vid I'd be a better person.

Comment

Face unlock on iPhone X works in total darkness I'd assumed it would have to do.... something (never imaged what really) in order to unlock in the middle of the night but apparently the light provided by the unlock padlock icon at the top of the screen was sufficient for this job. Technology eh!?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Face unlock on iPhone X works in total darkness I'd assumed it would have to do.... something (never imaged what really) in order to unlock in the middle of the night but apparently the light provided by the unlock padlock icon at the top of the screen was sufficient for this job. Technology eh!?
                  I thought it used an infra-red depth camera like Kinect?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    I thought it used an infra-red depth camera like Kinect?
                    That would fit. Also it means apps can then PHYSICALLY scan your surroundings and the people whose faces come into range. Good reason to face it down on a table.

Expect targeted ads based on where you are even with location turned off otherwise. Or in a year or so when people catch up to the tech.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      That would fit. Also it means apps can then PHYSICALLY scan your surroundings and the people whose faces come into range. Good reason to face it down on a table.

Expect targeted ads based on where you are even with location turned off otherwise. Or in a year or so when people catch up to the tech.
                      nah, not in this case. Less so than the existing tools (camera, GPS, microphone etc.).

The data will be too noisy to sample a location with any accuracy. It might be able to tell if you are indoors or outdoors. For face scanning random people, the camera has to be face-on to them for several seconds. Selfies might do this, but little else would.

Comment

Visited first potential wedding venue with my mum and sister today. Arse to get to but really loved it, can’t go for the first place I visit but their facilities and wedding packages are very reasonable. Need the bloke to come and have a look if he likes it.

Had a laugh looking at wedding dresses online, my mum hated most that any plus sized models wore (she likes the sewn-in lace arms I would not be able to move in) and mainly didn’t like anything until she found a medieval/ lord of the rings one I like as a costume/ dress but not maybe my wedding but we love it and might get it randomly as it’s quite cheap as an extra/ hen doo thing.

Comment

One of the hobs on our gas cooker hadn't worked since we moved in at the beginning of the year and we never called the maintenance guy to check it out.

I decided to have a look yesterday and got it going. I know better than to mess with gas stuff but in this case, it was just the gas pipe's nozzle not lining up with the hob's large, metal pipe thing properly.

Three glorious, fiery hobs and one happy wife.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                            My mate came back from a bike ride brandishing one of those beauties once. He was quite into his mountain biking when we weren’t up the woods for other more nafarious free-party based reasons...

You get loads of wild mushrooms growing around here, small ones all over the grass verges by the path and in random grassy patches. If you venture into the woods you can find some cracking puff-balls and other much bigger mushrooms and toadstools. The kids have always been quite fascinated by them so it’s nice to go for a walk in t woods and see what we can see.

This was from August last year.
                            I loved finding those as a kid and squeezing them to make them go puff. Now I'm older I still love them, but sliced into thick steaks and fried in butter until golden. So good.

Comment

Just being alive. Do you know what I mean? Do ever find yourself stopped in your tracks overcome with... not gratefulness so much but... just joy. The joy of being alive. Of being conscious, alert, awake. A joy free from attachments and dependencies. You ain't feelin' fine cos you got a new TV or a pretty new lover or a new video game. It's deeper than that. It springs from emptiness. From nothing. From just being. It's the best.

Comment

Taking advantage of my xmas trip to London.

Booked Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for myself, then taking my little bro to see The Book of Mormon a few days later.

Eyeing up the dates for Bill Bailey's show, too, Larks in Transit. Never seen him live and I'd love me some of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X