Legend Of Zelda Triforce Heroes review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legend Of Zelda Triforce Heroes review

I got this yesterday and I wasn't expecting too much from it but after playing the first world out of 8 (which is 4 relitively small dungeons) I actually really like it.

The first world, although being split up into 4 different levels still only really equates to one smallish dungeon in a link between worlds so I'm not sure if the levels get bigger and more grand later on but if it follows suit then I imagine the game basically equates to a standard zelda title in terms of dungeon content.
    Aside from the little village hub world there isn't really anything, as far as i can tell, in terms of overworld.

The costumes are fun and could turn out to be an addictive feature and when you complete a world you unlock new side missions whereby you can replay the levels under new conditions. One example of this was the first level you play is now in darkness and you only have torchlight with a limited radius to navigate the level.

The people I was matched up with were pretty good which was quite lucky as I chose to play with randoms. Some of the puzzles were quite challenging even in the first world which was amplified by the fact that it feels more action-based because you have other people relying on you.

Overall, I'd say its definitely worth a pick up from what I've played so far.

One thing, the story is absolute nonsense to the point that I wonder what went wrong. You don't generally play a zelda game for the story but bloody hell, this one takes the cake.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Thanks for the impressions! I'm curious about this, but are four players exactly a necessity? In particular it's be good to know if there's an option for an AI partner, as I'd like to recommend playing this as a group of three locally, but if it's going to demand we go online then it suddenly becomes a lot less appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Thanks for the impressions! I'm curious about this, but are four players exactly a necessity? In particular it's be good to know if there's an option for an AI partner, as I'd like to recommend playing this as a group of three locally, but if it's going to demand we go online then it suddenly becomes a lot less appealing.
      Just to say quickly, the game is either one or three-player.

No two, no four - just one or three.

Comment

I obviously got completely the wrong end of the stick at some point; likely just a dopey presumption based on four swords. It being three player specifically is brilliant news!

Comment

yup, 3 players only. there is a single player mode too that I haven't tried but from what i gather from the ingame tutorial, it's supposed to be quite hard.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            I obviously got completely the wrong end of the stick at some point; likely just a dopey presumption based on four swords. It being three player specifically is brilliant news!
            Glad that helped; unfortunately we're steering clear of it as there's just the two of us.

we can make it if we try-yyyy

Comment

Does it have download play? Not enthused by what I have read about this but could possibly consider it if it had download play, to play with my girls (although guessing it doesn't...).

Comment

download play works a treat

Comment

Yeah, I read in Edge that you're meant to be able to play the whole game via download play. I'm assuming the other players don't get progress saved, or that load times go up, or something - seems almost too good to be true otherwise.

Comment

Well that's a pleasant surprise. Honestly wasn't expecting that to be the answer but I'm very happy that it is. Suddenly this gets added to my possible to-get list.

Comment

You'll probably want to mosey on over here - http://www.bordersdown.net/showthread.php?t=124306

Comment

Very tempting. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X