No announcement yet.

James Bond 25: No Time to Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bet doesn't seem so crazy as Murphy has worked several times with...

Danny Boyle, has confirmed he's working on a script for the next Bond film!

"Danny Boyle announces he is writing and directing the new Bond film
    He is currently developing a ‘great idea’ for it

Boyle has amassed an eclectic filmography, and will no doubt take the franchise in a new direction.

Trainspotting filmmaker Danny Boyle appears to have confirmed that he is writing and directing the 25th Bond film, ending months of speculation.

Asked by Metro US at a New York screening of his new FX show Trust on Wednesday night if he had landed the job, Boyle apparently responded ‘in the affirmative’.

“We are working on a script right now,” he added. “And it all depends on that really. I am working on a Richard Curtis script at the moment. We hope to start shooting that in 6 or 7 weeks. Then Bond would be right at the end of the year. But we are working on them both right now.”

Boyle’s frequent collaborator John Hodge is co-writing the screenplay – which is centred around a “great idea”, Boyle says – the pair having previously worked together on Trainspotting, T2: Trainspotting and The Beach.

The Oscar winner will take over from Skyfall and Spectre director Sam Mendes, with Daniel Craig playing 007 for what is expected to be the last time.

All manner of directors’ names have been rumoured for the job over the past year, including Christopher Nolan who was in talks for it but ultimately counted himself out.

Boyle has amassed an eclectic filmography, from 28 Days Later to Slumdog Millionaire, from 127 Hours to Steve Jobs, and will no doubt take the franchise in a new direction.

MGM and Eon Productions have yet to confirm Boyle’s confirmation, as it were, nor has Bond’s official Twitter account @007 posted about the news."

Comment

I could buy Murphy being involved in Bond 25 but Boyle would never have a hand in selecting Craig's replacement, especially when Craig's already contracted to the film which is why I found that news story to be so bait worthy

Personally, I'm very happy with the choice they've gone with for this. It's taken an entry that I've been, frankly, quite apathetic to and made it an interesting one to follow again. Hopefully he knocks it out the park and they semi-reboot it again with Campbell in #26

Comment

Murphy makes a good bad guy, actually, so if he doesn't go for the Bond role, he could be his nemesis.

Comment

It would be good to see him as a Bond villain, he could easily pull off a very vicious and, for once, credible threat to Bond. Maybe even the best Bond villains since... well, Sean Bean

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            good bad guy
            Well which is it?!

Comment

I'm genuinely excited about a new Bond film, probably for the first time since I was a kid. Yes, DB and JH are a dream team, but it's the constant referencing of a 'great idea' that has piqued my interest.

Comment

Eddie Murphy wouldn't work in Bond, unless he was a half ass sidekick.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                  Eddie Murphy wouldn't work in Bond, unless he was a half ass sidekick.
                  They meant Brian Murphy, silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    They meant Brian Murphy, silly.

Comment

Confirmed that Boyle is to direct with Craig as Bond.
                      Daniel Craig's fifth outing as the secret agent is due to be released in the UK from 25 October 2019.

Comment

Great news! This could be really interesting!

Comment

The British trades lover their James Bond rumors and, on occasion, they do turn out to be true. So one should take the latest one with a grain of salt, but also don’t outright dismiss it. The Mirror is reporting that Helena Bonham Carter has emerged as the top choice to play the main villain […]

None too reliable rumour of Helena Bonham-Carter as the films villain

Comment

At last report, Danny Boyle’s upcoming James Bond film was to sport a female villain squaring off against Daniel Craig in his fifth and likely final outing as 007. Now a new casting report from fan site MI6 HQ, the site first revealed Dave Bautista’s Mr. Hinx henchman character in “Spectre,” has received a casting […]

Things are starting to take shape for Bond 25 and as expected it sounds like the new film will follow on from the Bond 21-24 continuity directly and feature multiple villains. First up is that Dave Bautista's Mr Hinx from Spectre is to return and there will also be a lead henchman supporting joint male and female lead villains. The casting call confirms the lead villains will be Russian.

Comment

One of the sillier rumors in recent days have swirled around acclaimed British actor Idris Elba being seriously up for the role of the next James Bond. Elba’s name has long been speculated about as a potential candidate, but the actor’s age and the fact that Daniel Craig hasn’t even begun filming his fifth film […]

That endless rumour of Idris Elba being cast as Bond that was never going to happen has been resurfacing again over the last few days and the director, Antoine Fuqua, cited as the source of the info has shot it down as untrue. Additionally, once again, Elba has also brushed the discussion aside. As yet the upcoming 25th Bond film is still being citied as Daniel Craig's last outing unless he changes his mind at a later time. Recasting or even more so rebooting the franchise isn't on the cards till post-release. The last time they cast the other actor on the verge of getting the role was Henry Cavill.

Comment

It's not doing the next film any favours. Mentally, I feel like Craig is already gone because of all the talk of who is next. It's like the next movie loses some of its reason for being because you know it's all change after it.

Comment

Working...
                                X