Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally makes me think of people who've not had to work for anything in their life.
    If you work for something, you tend to be more appreciative.
    Do you have something in place to make them pay more if they smoke in the place too? I would expect that to happen sooner rather than later.

If it makes you feel better, people do that same crap in hotels. Did I mention that I had to clean up someone's dogs diarrhea last weekend? I'd have been less pissed off if they had told someone about it. But no, just a splattering of crap so close to the colour of the carpet that I walked past it and didn't notice the first time, just wondered about the smell.

Comment

Our house doesn't have a driveway for parking. There's a communal space for 16 cars down by the garages.

This is usually fine except when somebody has guests and they hog the spaces.

At present 5 of the spaces are filled by people who don't live here and two are filled by our neighbours building supplies for their house extension.

Wankers.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Sadly we have to be reasonable on the review front at the moment as we’re just starting out, it may be off putting if people read our comments and we’re slagging 50% of the guests off so far. Once we’ve built a good review base we can be more direct. Though we were plain and simple on the first people that stayed and simply said they would never be welcome back.

As first experiences go it was probably as bad as you could get, we had three guys up staying from England, and are you ready for this? One of them pissed the bed. Thankfully we’d played it safe and bought expensive mattress protectors as we’d paid a hell of a lot to get really nice beds which kept the bed itself safe, but we still had to bin the duvet/bedding/protector. Expensive for us, but we’d never let someone sleep in them again, no matter how many times they were cleaned. Add to that, they had dropped a bowl of pasta in the kitchen and all the brand new units and pristine white walls were covered in pasta sauce, they hadn’t even bothered to clean it, but I had to and repaint. **** like that just blows my mind, that people can disrespect your property so much.

Thankfully half of the guests have been great though, just to save me hating humanity altogether.
        Absolute f*****g scum.

Comment

Seriously that's awful!

Woke up on Saturday morning in our tent feeling like I'd bruised my left ankle to find it red raw and blistered from some insect bite/s
          Been to the point of agony at times with it and been munching on pain killers ever since its affecting my walking.
          Last night my right ankle itched and today (not as red) the right is feeling almost as bad as the left.

Arrived home just now and for the first time since getting the bites I have had to go down some stairs which was a challenge.
          Now have to go back up to see if I can get to Boots to get something for it, I'm in my 3rd day with it and its driving me mad!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            Sadly we have to be reasonable on the review front at the moment as we’re just starting out, it may be off putting if people read our comments and we’re slagging 50% of the guests off so far. Once we’ve built a good review base we can be more direct. Though we were plain and simple on the first people that stayed and simply said they would never be welcome back.

As first experiences go it was probably as bad as you could get, we had three guys up staying from England, and are you ready for this? One of them pissed the bed. Thankfully we’d played it safe and bought expensive mattress protectors as we’d paid a hell of a lot to get really nice beds which kept the bed itself safe, but we still had to bin the duvet/bedding/protector. Expensive for us, but we’d never let someone sleep in them again, no matter how many times they were cleaned. Add to that, they had dropped a bowl of pasta in the kitchen and all the brand new units and pristine white walls were covered in pasta sauce, they hadn’t even bothered to clean it, but I had to and repaint. **** like that just blows my mind, that people can disrespect your property so much.

Thankfully half of the guests have been great though, just to save me hating humanity altogether.
            People are c***s Colin. Not surprised here.

I've caught several colleagues not even washing their hands after using the toilet, then using everyone else's keyboard and mouse.

Reason I insist the office orders alcohol sprays. Filthy buggers.

Comment

Went into our local GAME earlier with the boy to get download codes for poke the mans. There’s a new lad in there who has to go ask the manager... so the manager comes and prints out said Pokémon codes. I then over hear the lad asking if those codes were for the Xbox?!!11!

Do do they even bother to try and employ staff with even the slightest smidgen of product knowledge or common sense? Apparently not...

Comment

Sorry about the pasta sauce Colin. We were just really hungry.

Comment

Signed in the guest book: "Thanks for a good time, Dirty Mike and the Boys."

Comment

I hobbled to the doctors on the way to Boots yesterday to see if I could get an appointment then or tomorrow.

Managed to be seen on the day (they have newly qualified doctors in who were observing/ giving input to the resident gp's there so they must have been keen to get extra people in). They asked necessary questions which were pretty daft to answer "have you been feeling hot?" In the middle of a heat wave, I am bad with the heat of summer so yes can't tell. "aches and pains appart from on bite areas?" I've been camping so yes everywhere. "are you feeling more tired?" Lack of sleep due to pains/ heat/ camping, yes pick on!

They were very nice anyway. I'm running a fever, they have some concerns I may need to come back in about but at the moment treating me to bad infections with antibiotics.

By the end of the appointment I was in agony and my pain killers had warn off, elivated legs all evening and just felt like crap.
                    This morning I'm feeling a bit better but pain is just the same but I have a load of drugs with me now and not needing to drive about so will nest at home today.

Comment

One of the supervisors at work is off sick for 3 weeks so instead of the relaxing time I was hoping for working bell/valet I have to be manager.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        One of the supervisors at work is off sick for 3 weeks so instead of the relaxing time I was hoping for working bell/valet I have to be manager.
                        I'm sure you'll manage.

Comment

Decided to try a beta BIOS on my motherboard last night, as you do. This caused Windows to not boot, and I hadn't saved anything so I didn't want to do a clean install.

So I had to try about 4 different BIOS flashing utilities within DOS to downgrade from this BIOS to the previous one. Luckily everything works as it did now but that was a mighty way to waste a good 3 hours or so. lol

Comment

Just listed a load of stuff on eBay. The listing ‘assistant’ decided that every one of the 50 or so pictures was upside down so I had to rotate and then save every single sodding picture. Thing is, on both the iPad and iPhone they’re showing as the correct way up.

I’ve just apologised to the boy for having to endure the filth that was coming out my mouth...

Comment

It’s because iPhones take the photo upside down and save the rotation angle in the file instead of actually rotating it. Every time I open an iPhone photo in windows, it would be upside-down.

I know that sounds weird if your phone was the right way up when you took the photo but that’s how it is. Macs rotate the photos correctly, as do programs like Photoshop.

I guess eBay doesn’t read that info and just receives the file upside-down.

Find out why many of your iPhone photos are upside down and what you can do to easily fix this problem.
                              Last edited by randombs; 07-08-2018, 23:56.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                                Just listed a load of stuff on eBay. The listing ‘assistant’ decided that every one of the 50 or so pictures was upside down so I had to rotate and then save every single sodding picture. Thing is, on both the iPad and iPhone they’re showing as the correct way up.

I’ve just apologised to the boy for having to endure the filth that was coming out my mouth...
                                One way to beat this is to get the eBay app. You can create every auction on the app itself; however, a better approach is to just fill in the title and the photos, then save it as a draft. Do all of them this way, then go on the PC and fill in the descriptions etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X