Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We braved it in the end, since I couldn't find anyone to take the tickets and she didn't want them to go to waste - they were paid for!

I say "we" braved it, she did really. I was fine, I was well over it by then! Glad we went though, it was excellent. Never got to see Amelie at the cinema first time round and it was lovely watching it on a big screen in a room full of people. Then there was a Q&A with the director which actually came as something of a surprise, I'd just bought the ticket because I wanted to see the film, I didn't know there was more!

Comment

Sizeable Windows update. New features? The Start menu not working! Genius!

Comment

I don't watch TV or read newspapers. Because.....

I'm surprised this many channels can coexist though.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          I don't watch TV or read newspapers. Because.....

I'm surprised this many channels can coexist though.
          To be fair, many of those are local versions of the same channel. It's like the same phrase appearing on the BBC world news and BBC Staffordshire. Of course they're following a script.

Comment

Driving around London.

People are so uptight. I caused a little bit of a hold up when trying to enter a road that had traffic stopped at a light. If I'd gone halfway I would've blocked the cars in the opposite direction so I decided to wait. Some irate woman behind me revved up and appeared on my right side(on the wrong side of the road), made a screw face, then snuck in front and made things worse for the oncoming traffic.

I don't give two ****s what people think provided I'm not doing anything dangerous so I just went when I was able to but it annoyed me how everyone is in a bloody rush.

On the way home some idiot in a van decided last minute that he wasn't going to exit the roundabout where he'd indicated and swung back in front of me but behind a parked maintenance truck. Luckily I had also swung right(no cars behind me at all) to go around the truck so the van missed me but I would've been in trouble. I leave more room in front now. He also badly overtook a bus and caused a few people to brake hard.
            Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-12-2015, 18:20.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
              My upstairs neighbour.

When we get post, it drops into a communal hallway. He will routinely just pick up his normal post and leave all the junk mail he gets addressed to him (by name, or just address) in the hallway where presumably he expects the post fairy will come and pick it up one day?
              I think I'm getting to him. Every time he does the above, I will politely pick up the junk mail and leave it outside his door for him. Today I did this and I have found the letter (BT internet, detail fans!) thrown half way down the stairs. Later it will make its way back to his door. I can do this forever.

Y'all have no idea how tempting it is just to start returning all his post as "return to sender," only I'm not actually sure that's technically legal. "Sorry, your honour, I didn't realise there was a person by that name living here because their post was never collected from the hallway."

Comment

A friend of mine "upgraded" his TV from a Panasonic 46" plasma to a Samsung 40" LED the other day.
                Nothing wrong with the plasma and he took it to the rubbish tip

Comment

Wasteful.

Typical crappy mentality we have in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    Sizeable Windows update. New features? The Start menu not working! Genius!
                    If you mean the W10 one - what was all that about?

Luckily I saved the pages to fix all the problems from the original upgrade, I needed to redo the following;

Getting rid of default programs that normally you can't uninstall - pity that Edge and Cortana remain
                    Removing the default folders that appear in File Explorer
                    Photo Viewer not following same sort order as File Explorer (jpg and png)

It also managed to forget my preferences when you insert a DVD/CD etc, even though the install said it has left everything as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                      I'm using quick access quite a bit now I have a handle on how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        I'm using quick access quite a bit now I have a handle on how it works.
                        I wanted to remove Quick Access but the fix breaks file drag/drop, however you can collapse it in settings by setting the default to 'This PC' so ended up not being a massive problem.

I've kept the Downloads folder though - got rid of the rest.

Just wish Microsoft would make it easier to customise as the user sees fit rather than having to faff with the registry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                          If you mean the W10 one - what was all that about?

Luckily I saved the pages to fix all the problems from the original upgrade, I needed to redo the following;

Getting rid of default programs that normally you can't uninstall - pity that Edge and Cortana remain
                          Photo Viewer not following same sort order as File Explorer (jpg and png)

It also managed to forget my preferences when you insert a DVD/CD etc, even though the install said it has left everything as is.
                          I'd upgraded to W10 with no issues, this was some other big update that needed the computer to restart several times.
                          And it reset all my default program preferences.

Comment

No MOTD2 tonight apparently because of some realityTV rubbish full of planks angling for a job.

Comment

The Apprentice?

What a bunch of berks.

Comment

"You're fired!" - erm... you haven't hired them yet. Who would want to work for him anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X