User Tag List

Page 3 of 199 FirstFirst 1234513103 ... LastLast
    Thanks, and sorry to hear that you have had the same thing.

It's still so recent - at the moment I'm feeling mostly panic that a pillar of support in my life has gone. And fruitless worry about whether or not I was grateful enough for what she did for me in my life.

Sorry to hear about your loss, tomato.

A useful piece of advice I was given is that there's no set way to grieve and you'll do it in your own way. Don't feel like you should or shouldn't be reacting in a certain way.

I also saw this article, which I found really poignant, especially the part about tidal waves:
    http://www.thatericalper.com/2015/08...is-incredible/

Ahhhh. Get higher, baby!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Paleboy PSN ID: paleboy1970 Steam ID: paleboy
    Sorry @tomato, I hope over the next few weeks and months those feelings of panic and loss will slowly subside (they don't leave totally, IME) and your brain triggers more good memories than sad, melancholic ones.

Real sorry to hear that Tomato
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    Mum passed away this morning after a brief struggle and rapid decline from cancer.

I feel utterly lost.
    Sorry for your loss dude. That's the day I dread facing in the future. I'm sure she knows you loved her.

Really appreciate these messages - thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    Thanks, and sorry to hear that you have had the same thing.

It's still so recent - at the moment I'm feeling mostly panic that a pillar of support in my life has gone. And fruitless worry about whether or not I was grateful enough for what she did for me in my life.

Remember that the chance to bring you into this world and to care for you and the rewards of joy (and pain and craziness) this brought along the way is what mattered to her.