Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychonauts 2

Yes, it is real.

Being put together via crowdfunding on the website Fig, Double Fine is planning a sequel to the PS2/MXB era platformer, this time for PC/PS4/XBO

$10 will get you a digital copy and your name in the credits

For some reason I missed the first installment of this game and have a feeling it was more than decent. Something to do with the bloke who made lucasarts games, correct?

Did it get ported to any handhelds or native on Mac as I may give it a spin.

Comment

Psychonauts​ 2 is doing the business with $1m raised in a scant 14 hours.The Fig-based crowdfunding campaign went live …

$1m of $3.3m target reached in 14 hours

Comment

Between recent events like the begging for more money to finish Broken Age, dropping Spacebase and the lack of content in massive chalice, Double Fine seem to get an unearned pass for alot of their one note, technically poor titles.

Comment

Yeah them and budgets do not go hand in hand.

I did see on the fig website though that tim is actually part of the advisory team for Fig though, which would explain why he did not go to Kickstarter again

Comment

I so want this to be good. The first is such a gem.

Comment

New trailer for the game in the link

Comment

Out this Wednesday, reviews are dropping now.

Metacritic 86
                Razputin Aquato, trained acrobat and powerful young psychic, has realized his life long dream of joining the international psychic espionage organization known as the Psychonauts! But these psychic super spies are in trouble. Their leader hasn't been the same since he was kidnapped, and what's worse, there's a mole hiding in headquarters. Raz must use his powers to stop the mole before they execute their secret plan--to bring the murderous psychic villain, Maligula, back from the dead.

Opencritic 87
                Psychonauts 2 is rated 'Mighty' after being reviewed by 164 critics, with an overall average score of 89. It's ranked in the top 2% of games and recommended by 97% of critics.

Comment

I finally get to use one of those free Game Pass month's I've been building up!

Comment

top review on metacrtic 10 OUT OF 10!!!!!

Psychonauts 2 is one of the best 3D platformers that I have ever played. It is a game that exudes charisma and personality on all sides and that raises the bar to an even higher level than its first part. It has a gameplay and story that hooks you from the first minute and that together with its graphic, sound and spectacular performance, it becomes a serious candidate for GOTY.
                    Time to pack up and go home they've done it guys worlds best game, gonna drive over to double fine studios and shake their hands

Last edited by Lebowski; 23-08-2021, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      top review on metacrtic 10 OUT OF 10!!!!!

Time to pack up and go home they've done it guys worlds best game, gonna drive over to double fine studios and shake their hands

To hell with Mario, Astrobot VR and Ratchet. THIS is gaming!!

Comment

So am I reading right and this isn’t getting a physical release?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            So am I reading right and this isn’t getting a physical release?
                            I believe it’s physical for specific Fig tier backers only at the moment.
                            It’s something they are looking into but it won’t be available for launch.

Comment

No physical release means no cash from me. I wonder if its on Game Pass? I still can't believe Microsoft gave me a 3 year pass for 100 yen. I'm still thinking that was an error.

Comment

Working...
                              X