The Labyrinth 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Labyrinth 2

TriStar Pictures have closed a deal with The Jim Henson Co. to produce a remake of the 1986 fantasy feature “Labyrinth”. Jennifer Connelly starred in the original as a teenager who has to navigate a fantastical maze in order to save her young brother, kidnapped by a goblin king (David Bowie). George Lucas produced, Jim […]

Obligatory remake is happening. So many things wrong with this before you even get to the Bowie recasting
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 25-01-2016, 21:45.

My kids watched it recently and enjoyed it as it is.

Comment

The hardest person to recast is Henson. His soul is all over that movie and I don't know if there is a human alive who could step into that role. I watched it recently and reckoned that a movie like that would never be made today. And I still think that. Not sure what this will turn out to be. Some tweet implied that it may not be a remake though. A sequel?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        My kids watched it recently and enjoyed it as it is.
        Same here. Stop with the bloody remakes!
        Saying that, just watched the remake of Robocop 10 minutes ago. It was good but it's not Robocop. I like to think of it as a movie inspired by Robocop

Comment

Rewatched most of the original film today and with adult eyes... it's fairly weak but I can still see how it would burn itself into the mind of a child. If you extracted Bowie out of it though it would be completely forgettable. Any remake would have to depart heavily as his inclusion is felt heavily throughout.

Comment

Over the weekend came word that Sony Pictures had picked up the rights to Jim Henson’s 1980s fantasy classic “Labyrinth” with plans for a remake using a script by “Guardians of the Galaxy” screenwriter Nicole Perlman. Now, Perlman helrself has taken to Twitter (via Vulture) to clarify those reports. Perlman does confirm that she and […]

As a plus, the writer of the script has taken to the internet to stress that the new film has been planned since 2014 and is not linked to the timing of Bowies passing at all. Additionally she states that it won't be a reboot or remake, leaving it as a sequel or same world installment.

Comment

Ah, a sequel I'm OK with. That's far better than these stupid reboots that just piss everyone off.

Comment

I really liked it as a kid, but haven't watched it again as an adult. I saw some footage from it recently and it reminded me how great the puppets looked, so I hope they go for that style again instead of CGI. If it ends up looking like a '90s interactive movie, I'll hate it. They need to put lots of care and attention into it and give it lots of charm like the original.

Comment

“The Dark Crystal” isn’t the only Jim Henson 1980s classic that’s getting a follow-up. Last year came word that filmmaker Fede Alvarez, who helmed the acclaimed horror “Don’t Breathe,” had become attached to a sequel to the 1986 fantasy classic “Labyrinth”. Out this week doing press for his new film “The Girl in the Spider’s […]

According to the director, the script for this sequel is now complete

Comment

One of my fav films of all time. Hope this turns out good.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/409...byrinth-reboot

Obligatory remake is happening. So many things wrong with this before you even get to the Bowie recasting
                      Oops, never mind. Please delete.

Comment

“Doctor Strange” and “Sinister” helmer Scott Derrickson has been set to direct a sequel to Jim Henson’s “Labyrinth” which is currently in the works at TriStar Pictures. David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly led the 1986 original about a young girl who goes after her baby brother who has been kidnapped by Jareth the Goblin King […]

Scott Derrickson, director of Doctor Strange, is to helm this belated sequel.

Comment

Working...
                        X