Uppers - outrageous Vita fighting game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uppers - outrageous Vita fighting game

Famitsu this week reveals a new PS Vita game from Marvelous called Uppers. It is an action game set on an isolated island where fighting has become the largest form of entertainment. On this island…

Trailer NSFW!!!! (violence and cunnilingus... suddenly everyone clicks vid).
    Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Love the uppercut that takes the guy into the helicopter blades.

Day 1 purchase for me.
    Last edited by charlesr; 25-01-2016, 09:34.

Wait... you get a power-up by performing a motorboat?!

Comment

The Senran Kagura guy is involved which explains that

Comment

Watched the first minute or so. So it's a fighting game/dating game combi, where violent actions cause girls to flash you?

Well... It's oddly straightforward for something that looks so balls-out bizarre.

Comment

Odd. This seems like a logical extension of Metal Gear Solid 5's almost naked female assassin character - just inappropriate. I sound like a prude, but I don't get the artistic validity of this - it's puerile and seems set out to be shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
            Odd. This seems like a logical extension of Metal Gear Solid 5's almost naked female assassin character - just inappropriate. I sound like a prude, but I don't get the artistic validity of this - it's puerile and seems set out to be shocking.
            Sexuality in games, especially this kind of thing, does still seem weird.

It is daft when you think about it though. In Uncharted, you play as the hero but kill more people than most mass-murderers - then people freak out if they see the character have sex whilst still on the combat-high.

Not that this nullifies the content of this particular game. It's just an example of how ass-backwards we are about some things.

Comment

Just another game in the look at a girl's pants to make a helicopter crash genre. Not really my thing.

Comment

Catchy song.

Comment

Sorry for not marking NSFW. Don't know what I was thinking.

It does look puerile but there isn't a lot of brawling and fighting on the Vita, and I don't mind the ridiculous moves or animations it triggers, and can laugh at the only-in-Japan shenanigans with the girls watching the fights. That said, I bought Bullet Girls and Akiba's Trip and found them both crap and barely touched them, so I should have learned my lesson by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                    Sorry for not marking NSFW. Don't know what I was thinking.

It does look puerile but there isn't a lot of brawling and fighting on the Vita, and I don't mind the ridiculous moves or animations it triggers, and can laugh at the only-in-Japan shenanigans with the girls watching the fights. That said, I bought Bullet Girls and Akiba's Trip and found them both crap and barely touched them, so I should have learned my lesson by now.
                    That's the thing. Dead or Alive may get some stick, but they were at least pretty competent fighting/volleyball/gambling games.

Comment

This looks kind of entertaining but will probably be a really bad game.

I don't have a problem with exploitative pulp games like this in a broad sense though.

Comment

Vita is the home of garbage.

Comment

And music games!

Comment

If you're starving, you'll even enjoy a pot noodle.

Comment

Bah - delayed

Comment

Working...
                              X