Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    Thanks!

New question: what sort of specs do I need to use decent shaders and make things look more like a CRT? I was using OpenEmu on my old 2GHz Macbook over the weekend and the more hardcore effects slowed it down considerably(around 10fps).

I think I have RetroArch installed on that too and basic scanlines keeps things running full speed.

I imagine things like phosphor glow and whatnot need some muscle?

Also, what's the Android situation in that regard? I was thinking of buying an HDMI stick thing for videos and emulation. I'm sure the processors are fine for things like SNES/MD/CPS1/CPS2 but do those things crap out when faced with more hardcore shaders/filters?
    I've posted screens in the screen shot thread showing off the Lottes Halation shader. It's really nice. Actually, it's perfect.

Unfortunately I get under a frame of input latency when HDMI'd up to my TV. Playing on my laptop screen is perfect though.

Comment

One frame might not sound like a lot. But it's a big deal for fighting games, or even Mario when you find yourself jumping into the front of Goombas and dying like a slacker.

Try playing SF with one frame of lag and tap jab a few times. Hearing the tap of the button before seeing the frame register on the screen is massively jarring... Then wait until you get up to the basketball parrying bonus stage, at that point I gave up and went back to my desk.

Comment

Working...
      X