No announcement yet.

Fast and Furious 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rate 8 much higher than 7, which is mostly interesting due to the Paul Walker thing. I was pretty much done after 7 and had closure but 8 was better than I expected. I also have no problem with Cena joining the silly car movies of silliness. He'll probably fit right in.

I miss the variety of the older movies (who would have thought anyone could be nostalgic for the way Fast and Furious movies used to be?!) but I still enjoy every one I see so I'll be turning up for 9 too.

Comment

Is this John Cena and Michelle Rodriguez thing true?
      Last edited by charlesr; 15-08-2019, 11:18.

Comment

Social media superstar Vin Diesel has offered another update on the currently filming “Fast and Furious 9,” this time confirming that his onscreen sister, actress Jordana Brewster, has returned to the films after skipping out on the last one. Brewster played Mia in five of the eight previous films, a character who is both the […]

Diesel confirms that Dom's sister Mia and her baby will be in Fast 9 which raises a lot of questions, none really with good outcomes.

Comment

Charlize Theron and Helen Mirren will be reprising their roles of cyberterrorist Cipher and criminal family matriarch Magdalene Shaw, respectively, in the upcoming ninth “Fast and Furious” film which is currently filming. Both made their first appearance in the previous film, 2017’s “The Fate of the Furious,” and their casting announcements were made by actor […]

Helen Mirren and Charlize Theron both return for FF9

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Dom's sister Mia and her baby will be in Fast 9

Comment

I have so little interest in these.

I saw the trailer for Hobbes and Calvin and it just looks poor.

CGI people jumping out of buildings or CGI people jumping across CGI planes in CGI thunderstorms.

Even the fighting is poorly edited. Jumpy jumpy.

I do like Statham since the early days, but this is processed cheese.

Comment

The “Fast and the Furious” franchise is notable for some more F’s that aren’t part of the title – family, frustration and feuds. The films have used the word ‘family’ frequently throughout their run, so much so that it has been joked writer Chris Morgan is getting paid a bonus for every time it is […]

Honest to god, it makes me cringe reading about the childish spats between cast members in the Fast and Furious franchise. It's so embarrassing and demonstrates the over entitlement some of the cast have about their position within the franchise. Unsurprisingly the release of Hobbs and Shaw has restoked the whining:

Chris Morgan, the writer of Fast and Furious 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and Hobbs and Shaw had mentioned in an interview that in a future H&S sequel they will address Shaw's past killing of Han. Now Michelle Rodriguez has waded in as a response saying "I've been around since the beginning way before Chris Morgan came along & he has absolutely nothing to do with where this narrative is or where it's going FYI"

I may be wrong but I feel the writer central to the franchises revival and entire arc probably does have some involvement in the narrative. Fun fact, Morgan and Rodriquez have been involved in the same number of F&F films as each other.

Then came the manchild response from Tyrese Gibson in a deleted tweet saying "180 million dollar global opening on Hobbs and Shaw is not a win" he then added:

“I have to show my respects for one thing…. He tried…….. Folks called me a hater…. Attacked me for speaking out…..Breaking up the family clearly doesn’t have the value that one would assume it does. ‘Hobbs & Shaw’ Has Lowest ‘Fast & Furious’ Box Office Opening Since ‘Tokyo Drift… You know what maybe just maybe… The Rock and the crew will come dance with us again for #Fast10 we can all hug it out and get back to giving the true fans who have supported this franchise for 20 years what they want……..No hating I’m just pointing out the facts… #FastFamily has more value as the #FastFamily its ok.”

Fun fact #2: Hobbs and Shaw only needs to double its opening weekend earnings to have outgrossed the lifetime earnings of Fast and Furious 1, 2, 3 and 4 and is on course to be the overall third highest grossing entry of the entire franchise.

Comment

None of this happened when Paul Walker was around. And now Trump... Brexit... coincidence? You decide.

Comment

I can't get over the idea that it's all orchestrated for news coverage.

Comment

It could be but I'm on the cautious side as I don't really see what it gains them in pretending to fall out, it gets the films some attention but not in a way I imagine would get tickets sold or help the cast to book other jobs. It'd be weird that the franchise has grown this big but now needs gimmicks like Real Housewives style scripted fall outs. I'm more inclined to believe that it's mostly Diesel and Tyrese being bitter because Fast 10 will likely be their careers last stand.

Comment

I watched Hobbs & Shaw yesterday and although the script was written by GCSE-level English students it was entertaining in the ways I expected.

The film could do with a couple more familiar faces but I think they'll make another couple. Also Johnson and Statham aren't dependent on the F&F franchise to have successful film careers. I'd argue that Vin Diesel isn't either but the F&F films are his biggest box office success. Rodriguez has appeared in other films so that's fair enough but Tyrese needs to calm down given he's not exactly in demand and this just comes across as acting out (interesting how Ludacris seems to have nothing to say which may suggest he doesn't have a problem with the spin-off existing).
                        Last edited by Paddy; 12-08-2019, 19:00.

Comment

“Guardians of the Galaxy” and “Sea of Love” actor Michael Rooker has joined “Fast & Furious 9” which is currently in production for Universal Pictures. Rooker will take on the role of Buddy, a likely small role which is said to be a last-minute addition to the production. He joins a cast that includes Vin […]

Michael Rooker has joined FF9

Comment

Universal Pictures has announced that the premiere of the first trailer for “Fast & Furious 9” will take place on Friday, January 31st in Miami, Florida. The event will include live performances from Cardi B, Wiz Khalifa, Charlie Puth, Ozuna and Ludacris and it’s expected the trailer will go online shortly after. Justin Lin returns […]

The first trailer will launch on 31 January 2020

Comment

The first trailer for the ninth “Fast and Furious” film arrives Friday January 31st as part of a major fan event and concert taking place in Miami. Ahead of that, Universal Pictures has now released an extended 50-second trailer tease with Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel), Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) and their son Brian sharing a family […]

A teaser for the trailer is up along with a new poster that confirms that the US title of the film is now officially F9: The Fast Saga
                              The film will presumably follow naming convention internationally and remain with the title Fast and Furious 9 elsewhere and will be closely followed by the planned main series closer Fast and Furious 10 or F10 as the US seems to be leaning.

Followed by F11: Full Screen

Comment

The first trailer:

I tell you what, it's so strange to have enjoyed such a daft and excessive franchise but be at a point where I finally see a new trailer and mostly just feel sad about what I'm seeing. I feel I'll still see the full film but there's nothing positive for me to say about that trailer.

Comment

Working...
                                X