Fast and Furious 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast and Furious 9

Well racing fans, the talk over the last year or so hasn’t just been idle chit chat, and Universal’s second most successful franchise will indeed be 10-films long. As is customary for the series, the news comes courtesy of star Vin Diesel‘s Instagram account, where tonight he revealed the release dates for the next three Fast & Furious films. As […]

Vin Diesel has taken to Instagram to confirm that The fast and Furious 9 will release at cinemas on 19th April 2019. The move to bi-annual releases means the cast will be busy on the series for the next few years fairly solidly. The ninth film is being considered to be the mid-point of a minor trilogy.

As part of an extensive interview with Rolling Stone ahead of the release of “Rampage,” actor Dwayne Johnson has spoken about a number of topics from his battles with depression to his feud with actor Vin Diesel on the set of the eighth “Fast and Furious” film. During the pre-release publicity tour, the close-knit ‘Fast’ […]

Dwayne Johnson states that the feuding issues from Fast 8 are true and that though he's working on the spin-off he may not do Fast 9.

Comment

That would be a good thing. While the Rock makes every film better, sometimes you have to let go of the ones you love.

Comment

This whole "feud" thing is just kayfabe, I'm certain. It's easy to pretend to have a feud with some people when all of you are high-flying celebrities who spend most of their time filming movies on opposite sides of the globe.

Comment

If it's real though, I know which one I believe is most at fault...

Comment

On this forum, some conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don't. The ones that don't are too chicken s**t to do anything about it anyway. Candy asses.

Comment

Vin Diesel, Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges, Tyrese Gibson and Jordana Brewster celebrated the opening of Universal Orlando Resort’s new attraction “Fast & Furious – Supercharged” this week, turning up for the launch of the live stunt attraction. Speaking on the Today show, Diesel suggests that “Fast & Furious 9” will likely take place in Africa. He […]

Vin Diesel has confirmed Justin Lin will return to direct this and Fast 10, he also indicated the ninth film will feature Africa. Because, sure, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                http://www.darkhorizons.com/ninth-fa...ads-to-africa/

Vin Diesel has confirmed Justin Lin will return to direct this and Fast 10, he also indicated the ninth film will feature Africa. Because, sure, why not?
                Smart move; it's a great song.

Comment

Actress Michelle Rodriguez has been a key component of the “Fast and Furious” franchise since the beginning, sitting out only one entry after her character Letty seemingly died and then came back. In 2017, in the wake of the release of the eighth film “The Fate of the Furious,” Rodriguez publicly expressed her disappointment of […]

Michelle Rodriguez is still coy about if she'll be in the next film. Though I'd expect the planned female focused spin-off will be how they convince her to commit to the final two main entries.

Comment

I'm not a big person for fan-seat driving but I would have preferred had she not come back to it at all. I don't think they gained all that much from bringing her back and I'd be happy to see new characters take her place. Same for many of the returning characters now that I think about it. It was fantastic in Fast Five but, from there, not everyone has justified their place in the movies.

Comment

The trouble for her character, and presumably one of the reasons she was frustrated, is that Fast Four made her a plot device. They dragged it out fine enough with FF5 largely ignoring it then FF6 being based around it but since then she's there largely because it'd look daft to kill her off again so quickly (that and the lack of other decent female leads makes her a tool to balance out the gender skew a little bit). As much as she doesn't carry much weight in the main series, if they genuinely intend to end it with FF10, then it'd make sense to have her there till the end assuming they can come up with an ending that rules those characters out from further adventures.

I think that's why I expect her to lead the female spin-off as the franchise is incredibly low on female leads so I don't know who else they'd use if not her or Theron.

That being said, I'm not sure how interested I am in seeing those characters in a spin-off. This is the danger the franchise faces, few of the characters are compelling enough on their own steam to hold a film. Hobbs and Shaw makes sense enough, Vin in the main series is fine but after that?... nah, not unless that third spin-off series is all about Kurt Russell going rogue

Comment

A bunch of release date announcements hit late Friday ahead of the Presidents Day weekend. Warner Bros. Pictures has set a November 20th 2020 release date for Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune” which will play in both 3D and IMAX theaters over the Thanksgiving holiday. The adaptation of Frank Herbert’s classic (and many say unfilmable) sci-fi novel […]

Now delayed several weeks till 22 May 2020

Comment

Former WWE champion and “Blockers” star John Cena is being lined up to join the ninth “Fast and the Furious” film at Universal Pictures. In an Instagram post on Friday, Vin Diesel says he thinks the late great Paul Walker (whom he nicknames ‘Pablo’) has been sending him new ‘Fast & Furious’ cast members since […]

John Cena has joined the film

Comment

Nearly two years ago, right around the time “The Fate of the Furious” was wrapping up its theatrical run, came reports that Michelle Rodriguez was considering exiting the “Fast and Furious” franchise ahead of the next entry. Rodriguez’s potential exit was seemingly prompted by her fair complaints that the female characters don’t get large roles […]

Michelle Rodriguez has signed on for the next film

Comment

John Cena has joined the film which I feel... is an indication... of something... about the quality we should expect. Honestly, looking back it's surprising just how much Fast 8 has shaken my fondness for these.

Comment

Working...
                              X