Sonic the Hedgehog: Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Can TA have that poster laminated please?
    Too late, thank GOD for socks LOL

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
      This has reviewed a lot better than most people thought it would. There were only a few of us on here that reserved judgement (or, in the case of TA, masturbated over it nightly).

The fact it’s not a universally-panned complete chodbucket of a film is a miracle in itself.
      I always thought the 1st trailer looked fun TBH. Off to watch it Wednesday with the good women . I've told her to bring wipes too

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        Off to watch it Wednesday with the good women
        More than one? You been studying under Kirov?

Comment

TA has a harem of groupie wads.

Comment

Just saw this. Except for the

goofy owl thing

at the start, it’s actually good and pretty good fun. Sonic is kind of annoying at times, but the character is supposed to be a wise-ass. I’d have appreciated more Easter eggs to the longtime Sega fans (I only saw 2).

Also, I nearly got tears of joy all over my face when I saw the opening Sega logo that’s a big mosaic of their older games.
            Last edited by Lyris; 14-02-2020, 03:13.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              More than one? You been studying under Kirov?
              No, I'm not a fan or agree with more than 1 TBH. So I'm faithful unless masturbating over SEGA means not?
              If that's the case, I'm in serious trouble; Never mind new socks, I'll need a new house

Comment

You have to wear a leek to the picture house too. Show him some Welsh love from the valleys!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                  TA has a harem of groupie wads.
                  TA's Religion is SEGA, Jackie Chan, Football, Darts, F1 and Tullamore Dew whisky. I find it a good religion that one can practice weekly without too much of a sacrifice. Sonic can look out Wednesday, he's getting banged

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    You have to wear a leek to the picture house too. Show him some Welsh love from the valleys!
                    What happens in the home, stays home.

Comment

Saw it last night. Dare I say overall it was better than Detective Pikachu? Perhaps, and I really enjoyed that film.

In DP, Pikachu/ Ryan Renold's performance, I felt, carried the entire film. Anyone else playing him and I feel it may have just been ok. Sure it was cool to see some of my favorite Pokemon doing some cool things and Smith's character had some funny moments, but overall the plot/ bad guy thing I thought was pretty lame if I'm honest and every time it went to that plot point my interest and opinion dipped.

Now SONIC. Apart from some weird character in the start which has been mentioned before, I felt this film did not dip at all except for the internal conflict of KNOWING this film will be bad. Sure Sonic is boisterous and abit annoying at times in his childlike personality, but that's kinda who he is, maybe in a future sequel he becomes stronger and more confident. I felt like he WAS sonic.

Anyway, human characters, did NOT find them annoying at all. You get family films/ tv series with an annoying kid character, video game films have switched it to being the 'random human character that does not belong in the franchise' and turn the irritability up for the main gaming character. This human character seems like a decent enough guy, can carry a joke or too but does not force you to mainly focus on him, he does his job; that has a human react to having to deal with knowing Sonic the freaking Hedgehog is in his world and its pretty well done.

And Jim Carry? If you HATE him, this film will probably not make you love him but you might still get a laugh. I found him utterly entertaining and loved every scene he was in. He seemed to be loving every minute of it and just some random stuff that comes out of his mouth was hilarious. I think he did a great job in this film, but if someone else played him, I think the other cast were really good too for what they did. Actually quite excited at the idea he would do a sequel.

In all honesty I would see it again and almost certainly get the blu-ray of it.
                      Not the greatest film out there but an entertaining ride overall. Thumbs up.
                      Last edited by Blobcat; 21-02-2020, 08:35.

Comment

Thanks to storm Dennis had to delay Sonic and go to watch it with the Girls from work. What a really good film, it's silly and for kids but its genuinely well made and funny quite funny in parts.

Love how the Eggman turns out in the end and the appearance of

Think many will be quite surprised at how good this is
                        Last edited by Team Andromeda; 22-02-2020, 11:31.

Comment

Have to say the film was so full of nice touches to SEGA and the source material. I would imagine the Mushroom world was a pee take out of Mushroom Kingdom (yes I know Mushrooms are in S&K). I would also imagine those were Knuckles trib chasing baby Sonic too. It was so much a role for Jim Carrey and fair play to the man, he nailed it and stole the show, oh the music track was awesome too.

It makes one want to play Sonic Adv all over again. Can' wait for the BluRay, or maybe I'll watch it again LOL

Comment

My kids loved it. Better than Pikachub.

My fave bit is when he does

the floss

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              My kids loved it. Better than Pikachub.

My fave bit is when he does

the floss
                              Surely that would be a cringe worthy moment?

Comment

Finally got to see this tonight, pretty much every live action film based on a videogame i have seen have been pretty dire with Mario sitting at the top of the turd pile and i thought this one would follow the same trend. And yet this one ended up been the most enjoyable one i have seen out of them all i really couldn't find any faults with it, i found it pretty funny & Sonic's cheesy personality was strangely endearing without becoming cringey. Lol at the xmen quicksilver style slowmo scenes.

They actually treat the source material better than most films of this type although the bar wasn't really high to start with but now it's been raised quite a bit.
                                Last edited by importaku; 22-03-2020, 02:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X