No announcement yet.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree it's a far fetched theory, but it's crossed my mind several times. The original design is just beyond inept. The character looks like a designed by committee nightmare.

Comment

This is now delayed until next year in order to either A) deal with the fallout from the VFX nightmare that would be changing the look of the main character or B) fool you into thinking that they’re doing this as part of their marketing plan that revolves around you thinking their movie is terrible.

Comment

Yeah, doesn't seem too likely with this news. I'm astonished they could have intentionally designed something like this.

Comment

It's probably going to cost them a fortune to do as well. Frankly I'd leave it on the shelf and never release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            It's probably going to cost them a fortune to do as well.
            Yeah, it will definitely have a significant impact on budget now which means more to risk if the movie underperforms.

Comment

And man will it underperform, I hope Sega isn't put off in future as it could work really well done the obvious way

Comment

With so many films these days pushing the envelope, this film just looks and feels so dated. They could have done something like Spider-verse with it, but no they went 1992 instead. No amount of Sonic restyling can change it.

Comment

Tbh, I'm waiting for this like I'm waiting for the £1 Rustlers Cheeseburger to go on offer at Tesco.

It elicits a similar sense of that, maybe diluted a tad. A tinge.

Comment

Add the dread on like peppercorns

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      This is now delayed until next year in order to either A) deal with the fallout from the VFX nightmare that would be changing the look of the main character or B) fool you into thinking that they’re doing this as part of their marketing plan that revolves around you thinking their movie is terrible.

Jokes aside, yeah, even I think this proves they didn't plan it this way. It's part of why I floated the suggestion; it just seemed impossible that they would make those changes in the short time before release.

Comment

This went as well as I thought it would.

All aboard the burning bus heading for the burning pit filled with jet feul & nitro glycerin.

Comment

Well the internet did its thing and someone has put a cartoony Sonic into the Sonic trailer. It looks better:

Does it now look like a good movie? (it does not)

Comment

They've done a pretty good job of that. The film still looks poo.

Comment

Not confirmed but suggestions are the redesign looks like this:

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                Not confirmed but suggestions are the redesign looks like this:

Better but still needs work to remove the human look.

Comment

Working...
                                X