Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purchasing a Canadian PSN Plus subscriptiion for use also with UK/US PS4 accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchasing a Canadian PSN Plus subscriptiion for use also with UK/US PS4 accounts

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the following:

I have purchased a US PS4 since release day.
    I have created UK, US and Canadian PSN accounts with my PS3 way back.
    I have some $s in my Canadian PSN account wallet.

If I purchase a PSN Plus subscription with the money in my Canadian account will I be able to play online with my UK and US accounts?
    I have just purchased a UK copy of Street Fighter V today from Amazon and would be playing online primarily from my UK account ideally, so would the subscription be useable across the 3 accounts?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

emissary.

No, PSN+ is linked to one account only.

Comment

Wrong. You can play on any account online providing one of your accounts has a subscription.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thank you both. I purchased 12 months subscription from my Canadian account but when I log into my UK account and try to log into PSN Plus it prompts me to purchase a subscription. So it looks like it's only for the account you by based on your location.

Unless I am missing something very simple here?

Comment

Originally posted by emissary View Post
          If I purchase a PSN Plus subscription with the money in my Canadian account will I be able to play online with my UK and US accounts?
          You asked whether or not you would be able to play online with the unsubscribed accounts.

Originally posted by emissary
          I purchased 12 months subscription from my Canadian account but when I log into my UK account and try to log into PSN Plus it prompts me to purchase a subscription.
          Now you are talking about something completely different.

There is no "logging in" to PS+. PS+ is part of the PS Store. You go into the store and download the free or reduced priced content. That's all it is. In your case, you will do all of the downloading using your subscribed Canadian account. Then you can play that content using any account on your PS4. In the same way any account on your PS4 can play online because your Canadian account is subscribed.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ahhhhh right ok. So basically (please bear with me here) I can play SFV on any one of my 3 accounts online in the PS4. It was my understanding that I would have to subscribe to PSN for the ?40 a year to get this functionality that was otherwise free on the PS3.

The PS+ element of downloading the 'free' games can only be done based on the account I purchased the subscription with.

Comment

Providing at least one of your accounts has a subscription, the others can play online because of that. You can play SFV online on any of your three accounts now.

That's right. Your Canadian account will be used to download content, but it can still be accessed by the other accounts.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

All regions have the same downloads now so at least you're not missing out on anything with a Canadian account.
                Although you will notice the addition of a 27th letter with the pronunciation "eh" on the keyboard, but pay it no mind.

Comment

Japan has different stuff, but it's usually stuff everybody else had six months prior.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thank you to all for taking the time to reply.
                    I have only just been able to come back to this thread so please accept my apologies.

So when I look at my PS4 accounts the Canadian one has the PSN+ sign next to it and the UK/US doesn't. Makes logical sense as thats where I purchased it. But does that mean I have PSN+ fucntionality only in the Canadian account?

I got this to primarily play Street Fighter V.

I set my SFV up and created my online SF ID which is separate to my normal PSN account. This was done on my Canadian account.

However, when I tried to do the same on my UK account, it started the process but the servers bombed out and now when I log into SF V on my UK account which has all my friends, I have no SF ID, it doesnt ask me to setup.

Is this by design?

Comment

We seem to be going around in circles.

You will only have PS+ with the subscribed account. You should have set up your SF ID using your UK account. Why would you need to do it twice? That makes zero sense.

As previously stated, you only want to use the Canadian account for downloading PS+ content and to give your other accounts access to online play.
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 07-03-2016, 17:06.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X