No announcement yet.

Memorable sampled speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the speech in Sinister in the Arcades . Also love 'I'm going to crush you skull' in Greatest Heavyweights on the MD

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      Now that games like Contra III, Axelay and Castlevania IV are products of a bygone age, I find myself hankering for that sort of 16-bit magic.
      Here we go again

Comment

Citadel

Comment

A lot of games I remember fondly with digitised speech came from my c64 days...

Games including, but not limited to -

Space Taxi (always amazed me with the amount of speech it had)
          Ghostbusters (my personal fave, pressing 'space bar' to prompt it)
          Little computer People (where it spoke gibberish to the player randomly)

Comment

Star Fox: "Good Luck!"

As with a lot of retro sampled speech, it sounds funny.
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 03-03-2016, 07:23.

Comment

I just remembered Axelay on the snes had a memorable speech moment before starting your mission and then drawing you in with an awsome soundtrack. Now that is a way to really hit home...

YouTube time!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                I just remembered Axelay on the snes had a memorable speech moment before starting your mission and then drawing you in with an awsome soundtrack. Now that is a way to really hit home...
                I mentioned Axelay a couple of pages back. Memorable speech and, as you say, a truly awesome soundtrack. A superb game in all areas.

Comment

Let's go with some Disney samples:

"Alakazam!" - World of Illusion
                  "I eat like a pig" - Lion King

Comment

Best for me which I still quote today from Beachhead II on the C64 is 'mediiiic' and one which I think is a bug as it just goes 'bzzzzzz'.

Comment

Some more great speech..

"A big tallyho look at the size of that thing" - Slipheed- Mega CD.

"Come get some" - Duke Nukem 3D

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm all outta gum" Duke Nukem 3D

"Your face, your ass , what's the difference" - Duke Nukem 3D

"Inception" - John Madden - Mega Drive

"you don't really think you'll win do you" - Batman Returns - Mega CD

"He was already on the next page he read that so early" - Actual Soccer

"You wanna stay pretty like me kid, don't get in the ring" - Prize Fighter - Mega CD

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                        Best for me which I still quote today from Beachhead II on the C64 is 'mediiiic' and one which I think is a bug as it just goes 'bzzzzzz'.
                        I also love the I'm hit!

Comment

How about this one, you must remember this... I think from Winning Eleven 6 or 7:

"It's a bit of a ding-dong battle between these two sides"

I swear Motty would say it about five times per match!

Comment

It might be Trevor Brooking, one of the PES games always got a laugh from us with the use of "Things like that give your team a huuuuuuuuge booooooost!"
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Speaking of classics from football games.

I loved "Where's my Tea" from Olympic Soccer

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                It might be Trevor Brooking, one of the PES games always got a laugh from us with the use of "Things like that give your team a huuuuuuuuge booooooost!"
                                Mark Lawrenson is a prize bellend but his co-commentary in PES 2008-2010 was hilarious. Hilariously bad.

"On his right foot? His favourite foot? It's a goal! What's your problem?"

"It was his left foot. Know what I mean?"

"You put a cross like that into the box and a player with his ability will score all day long, and I MEAN all day!"
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 09-03-2016, 09:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X