No announcement yet.

Nintendo WiiU: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff, it's fine if it fails eventually given how little exclusive content remains but there's stuff I need to get through yet. This has been a timely reminder

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Good stuff, it's fine if it fails eventually given how little exclusive content remains but there's stuff I need to get through yet. This has been a timely reminder
      Funnily enough, there are actually one or two things that I want to download before the eShop closure!

Comment

My WiiU still works. Also I seem to have hacked it at some point.

Comment

Two weeks left before WiiU eShop closure.

Comment

10 days out from the end.

Comment

Comment

Mine still works after a couple years packed away

Comment

I haven't played Color Splash but I already agree with the objection online to it's snubbing

Comment

Comment

This is it. The final week of the WiiU eShop!

Comment

I have DLC downloaded onto my Wii U but not yet installed (namely, the Expansion Pass for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild). I can't install the DLC without installing the game first.

I should be OK, right?

Comment

Annoyingly, I've only just realized that I don't have enough on-board space on my WiiU to download the likes of Game & Wario (4GB) or the Xenoblade Chronicles X data packs (16GB!!) that allow the physical version of the game to run faster.

Nintendo recommended using an external HDD that has its own power source or a USB Y-cable for WiiU external storage. I'm not spending money to do that so will chance my arm with a flash drive as a stop-gap instead.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 20-03-2023, 12:43.

Comment

I'll have to look into those Xenoblade Chronicles X data packs as well...

PSA: Affordable Space Adventures is the brightest 'hidden gem' in the Wii U's entire library!

Comment

Really surprises me that with everything they brought across to the Switch that Wind Waker Hd and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD never made the jump.

All the bayonetta games Captain toad, Hyrule warriors, New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pokkén Tournament, The Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, and Mario kart 8 all sold really well for them, so to leave two massive Zelda games over their is a real strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                                Really surprises me that with everything they brought across to the Switch that Wind Waker Hd and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD never made the jump.
                                If the Switch gets Twilight Princess, that'll be the FOURTH time Nintendo have ported it to one of their systems. A Port of WW would be the third time. I feel like the only way this can be justified is if they're both put in a compilation like we got with Super Mario 3D All-Stars. Re-releasing them for Switch individually and charging top RRP really would be a p1ss-take.

Personally, I have no appetite for revisiting either Twilight Princess or WW (Twilight possibly the worst 3D Zelda game IMO), but I can see the appeal of having every single major game in the franchise in one place - Metroid and Mario are pretty much already there.

I've said it before, but I'd like Nintendo and Treasure to port Starfox Zero to Switch without the sh1tty motion controls. That doesn't look likely though.
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-05-2023, 18:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X