Nintendo WiiU: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    MY WiiU seems to have died, it boots up fine starts loading a disk and then just freezes on the loading screen on every game, I've just offloaded the last of my wiiu games as a bundle so its not that much of a loss just stops me offloading the console. Normally id be a lot more nostalgic for a Nintendo console but it wasn't as iconic as the gamecube, and the Switch plundered pretty much ever decent first party game from it bar Wind Waker HD.
    Is it just the disc drive that’s gone? If digital games still work this is a great opportunity to slap some custom firmware on it, ‘digitally remaster’ all your prior games (plus more, including all of the Wii/WiiU Virtual Console) and have it as a one-stop shop for everything Nintendo (plus more) up to the Switch generation.

I’ll get around to doing mine when I pick it up from Malaysia.
    Last edited by dataDave; 23-05-2023, 13:16.

Comment

Nintendo has apologised for leaving Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon on Wii U without online play since March, as it brings se…

Mario Kart 8 and Splatoons online servers return

Comment

Comment

It's official. 8th April being the last date for 3DS/WiiU online play.

Also, you have until 12th March to get your Wii/3DS eShop balance transferred over to your Switch eShop balance if you haven't already done so.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-01-2024, 11:38.

Comment

One more week of online WiiU play before Nintendo shut the servers down.

Comment

RIP Nintendo Network (2012 - 2024).
              Yesterday, 8th April, saw the end of an era. Nintendo closed down the online services for its 3DS and Wii U consoles.

Comment

Working...
              X