Oddworld: Soulstorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddworld: Soulstorm

There's a new Oddworld game, subtitled Soulstorm, due for launch in late 2017.Publisher Oddworld Inhabitants announced …

A 'new' Oddworld has been announced for release late next year. It comes from the same team as New n Tasty and is essentially a remake/re-envisioning of Exoddus as it takes place directly following the events of the first game as Abe finds himself free with his 300 Mudokons and a need to survive.

The game is aimed to be a darker twist on the story which is described as a fresh take inspired by the original games story.

I like Oddworld but I never bothered with New n Tasty, given it's a remake of a game I like just fine the way it is. I'll keep an eye on this but I'd feel way more enthusiastic if it sounded like something new. Did anyone play New n Tasty?

Comment

New n Tasty was an almost direct remake of the original. The game feels almost exactly the same with the same slightly clunky controls. The visuals are brand new and the sound is higher quality. The major difference is the ditching of the flip screen format in favour of scrolling and use of camera movement.
      For me the remake proves just how much care and attention went into the originals. The animation is superb and gives the characters a little bit of personality which makes you care about saving them. Making sure you save the Mudokons, obvious digs at large corporations and cheap labour elevate the game somewhat.

I hope the new Oddworld game isn't just another remake but a look at current times with their inimitable style.

And Mr. Lanning where's my Xbox One version of Strangers Wrath HD? That's a great game more people deserve to play.

Comment

Whatever happened to Lorne Lanning anyway? I remember back at the turn of the millennium him saying in games mags that he wanted Abe to be as iconic as Yoda.

Comment

New teaser trailer:

Comment

I had forgotten all about this and can't remember if it was supposed to be a pretty direct remake or a whole new thing. Very few people seemed to talk about the New n Tasty remake beyond an answer above. I have no idea how it did but it doesn't feel like it made any kind of splash. I'm still curious to play it.

Comment

Working...
            X