No announcement yet.

Celebrity Deaths Thread 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw her at a comicon event years ago. I was too shy to go up and speak to her so I waved at her when passing and she she gave me a little wave back.

Comment

Things weren't alright on the night last night as it emerged that Denis Norden has passed away aged 96

Comment

I honestly thought he died shortly after he retired.
        I used to love It will be alright on the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
          I honestly thought he died shortly after he retired.
          I used to love It will be alright on the night.
          Same here. Though he had passed away a long time ago. Wow. 96 is a great old age to make it to.

Comment

Chas of Chas and Dave had died: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme...channel=social

Comment

Matthews also appeared on Grange Hill as the father of Benny Green and had his song 'Fool' reach number 16 in the UK Singles Chart in 1975

Al Matthews, best know as Sgt. Apone in Aliens, 75.

Private Hudson: Man, this floor is freezing.
              Sergeant Apone: What do you want me to do, fetch your slippers for you?
              Private Hudson: Gee, would you, sir? I'd like that.
              [Apone pulls down the skin under his left eye with middle finger]
              Sergeant Apone: Look into my eye.

Sergeant Apone: [after the briefing] All right sweethearts, you heard the man and you know the drill. Assholes and elbows! Hudson, come here! Come *here*!

Sergeant Apone: All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I *love* the Corps!

Comment

That's a shame, RIP.

Read on wikipedia he had not one but two Purple Hearts.

Comment

Gary Kurtz. If you know Star Wars, you know why he was so important...
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

These are so frequent that this thread rarely makes it off the first page.

Rainbow's Geoffrey has passed away aged 76

Comment

Up above the streets and houses.

Probably.

Yeah, need to get that first post updated with all the recent additions.

Comment

Sad news about Geoffrey. Also Carlos Ezquerra has died. Co-creator of Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog and a hugely influential and yet unique 2000AD artist.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...s-dies-aged-76

These are so frequent that this thread rarely makes it off the first page.

Rainbow's Geoffrey has passed away aged 76
                          Sad, RIP.

Another part of my childhood gone, even though I was at the older end of the target age group when it first came out I still have fond memories of it.

Comment

Up above the streets and houses, Rainbow's flying high

Geoffrey stuck his willy out the window, went in Bungle's eye

Rainbow was the best when I was little.

I loved that it was a positive show and Geoffrey radiated positivity.

R.I.P.

Comment

RIP, Geoffrey.

I'll watch that rude episode in your honour.

Comment

Somehow, I think 76 is the perfect innings for Geoffrey. Old enough to be old, young enough to not be blighted by the curses of later oldness.

And the supermarket shelf stacking/taxi driving inbetween jobs were all true. You mightve eaten that Angus burger he packed into that chiller back in Tesco '95.

Comment

Working...
                                X