No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter: World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here the regular is $80 and the deluxe is $90, which is why I bit.

Comment

Great Famitsu score. Would love to be able to read the review.

Edit: ah there are details after the score. Cheers.

Comment

Still pre-order for £37 at smyths.

Comment

That's the cheapest I've heard, thanks!

If you pre-order online for in-store collection it's £5 off the £41.99 price tag, i.e. £36.99 as you say, djtickle.

Comment

Crap, just realised I need to clear some HDD space for this ready for pre-loading Thursday night. It might be time to take BF4 off the drive.

Comment

BF4 is mahoosive.

Comment

I played through the beta and beat all the monsters, only did the one play through as not being able to use the stuff i got was annoying.

Love playing it on a normal controller as hated playing it on new 3ds.....the c-stick was a real pain

Comment

MHXX on the Switch solved that problem, but Crapcom didn't let it loose outside Japan.

Comment

Beta is back on. 18th to the 22nd.

Comment

Ooh new monster to hunt, but he's hella tuff.

Comment

I don't like playing betas this close to the release of the full game...but I might anyway.

Comment

Already I can see myself getting drawn into this.

I can't kill this new epic monster in the beta, so I'm looking online at tips and videos on how to beat him.
                          I've already discovered that blast coating on a bow and arrow does extra damage. You clear some slots in your inventory, get the empty vial from the blue equipment trunk, go to crafting and find the blast coating, then tick "auto-craft".
                          Head outside and there's a bunch of fire herbs. Pick those and it'll make the blast ammo for your bow (about 15 of them).

This kind of stuff I'd never find on my own, so I'm finding myself thinking about it in the day, searching the web and watching videos, which is the kind of addictive behaviour I got with EDF 2025!

Comment

Can someone run through what to expect with this game, and the series as a whole? I know it's popular, but I've never played it or really paid that much attention to it but this version has my interest piqued.

So throw a noob a bone here, if I jump in on this what am I getting myself in for?

Comment

I'm a n00b, hey-nonny-ho. Never played a MH game before in my life.

Basically, it's cycle of hunt stuff > upgrade gear > hunt bigger stuff.
                              However, it's in a massive world with lots of monsters to find and things to craft, but with the added bonus of hunting together.
                              I imagine a group with mics will have more fun than randoms silently avoiding teamwork.
                              Without it, games can feel like watching 5-year-olds playing football, chasing around with no real idea of tactics.

I've found the amount of options overwhelming (especially when you only have 15 mins to complete the beta missions), but love how well they've added the menu options. At all times there's a list of commands top-right, so in the heat of the battle, instead of doing a charge move, you won't put your weapon away.
                              Already I've started crafting special arrow coatings (see above).

Here are a couple of n00b videos:
                              An in depth overview and guide for Monster Hunter World. Hope this helps new players!Twitter http://www.twitter.com/ForceStrategyTwitch http://www.twitch.tv/...

A complete explanation of what is Monster Hunter. Prefect for new or returning players to get ready for Monster Hunter World. Veteran players share with your...

Monster Hunter World is an upcoming Big Hunt cooperative slaying game - and this is an introductory guide for new players.Find out more on the wiki: http://m...

Websites:
                              Before beginning your hunt for the Elder Dragons, here are 10 beginner tips to help wrap your brain around Monster Hunter: World.

Comment

Cheers I'll take a look... The videos I have seen it looks brilliant and I didn't realise it was out so soon. I also didn't realise it as coming out on Xbox and it's enhanced for the X... Hence me never really paying it any attention before.

Really fancy the co-op.

Comment

Working...
                                X