No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter: World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next free update is a FFXIV cross-over, and Behemoth is crashing down into the fray.
    In Monster Hunter: World, the latest installment in the series, you can enjoy the ultimate hunting experience, using everything at your disposal to hunt monsters in a new world teeming with surprises and excitement.

Comment

Capcom has, at long last, announced a release date for the superb Monster Hunter World on PC: it's coming exactly one m…

PC version hits 9th Aug

Comment

Milla Jovovich revealed the wardrobe of her character Natalie Artemis in Paul W.S. Anderson's 'Monster Hunter' adaptation.

"Fans of Capcom’s Monster Hunter flew into a keyboard-clacking rage when actor Diego Boneta revealed his not-so-mystical look from director Paul W.S. Anderson‘s adaptation of the game (#NotMYMonsterHunter). Swooping into action, Milla Jovovich took to Instagram to show off her character, Captain Natalie Artemis, rocking a much more fantasy-esque outfit and one of the game’s trademark weapons, a Slinger.

“Captain Natalie Artemis. Ranger. Monster Hunter,” Jovovich wrote. “Just a little peek for all the [Monster Hunter] fans out there who were worried the other day.”

The adaptation of the fantasy-action RPG, which originated on the PS2, will re-team Jovovich and Anderson—well, re-team creatively, seeing as how they’re married—who worked together on four of the six Resident Evil films. Monster Hunter is a project Anderson has been dreaming about on-and-off since at least 2012; the director and his producing partner Jeremy Bolt officially started shopping around the original script and VFX renderings in 2016.

Here’s what Anderson had to say at the time:
        What I love about Monster Hunter is the incredibly beautiful, immersive world they’ve created. It’s on the level of like a Star Wars movie, in terms of world creation. There are no real central characters so it’s a bit like when we first approached Resident Evil and imposed our own characters and story on that world. I think this is a perfect IP for us to do exactly that same thing again. The Monster Hunter world includes these huge deserts that make the Gobi Desert look like a sandbox, and they have ships that sail through the sand. These full on galleons, but rather than sailing on the ocean waves, they sail through waves of sand.

The director also made it clear at the outset that he had his eye on creating an entire franchise:
        It’s definitely intended to be a franchise because the movie starts in our world and then it goes to the Monster Hunter world and then the final act comes back to our world and it’s basically this epic battle in and around LAX. Then at the end we’re suddenly confronted with the fact that the mythological creatures of our world have come back to wreak vengeance. So we definitely have the second film where that would be planned out.

Check out the image below. Monster Hunter also stars Ron Perlman, Tony Jaa, and Meagan Good."

Comment

Bless him - This will be both awful and a failure though, calling it now.

Comment

And there was me expecting Citizen Kane.

Comment

Right, so, big news is a comin'.

The official Twitter account has shared that a 'Special Developer Update' is happening tomorrow.

Tune in for a Special Developer Update on #MHWorld on December 10 at 6am PST / 2pm GMT http://monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/sp-program/

�� http://youtu.be/QeM7d7ktex4
              �� http://twitch.tv/monsterhunter
              We've already got a roadmap of PC updates to bring the Steam version in line with consoles, and given that they've got promotional stuff going over at the official Playstation Twitter account it would suggest that it's something that'll be new for everyone, and significant enough to make a song and dance about in advance. I would like to think they're not trying to stir so much hype for something small, so there's lots of room to speculate on what it could be - G rank, a paid expansion, new maps, new monsters...

Comment

I was hoping for Gotcha Force for the Switch. I'll take a MH expansion to get me playing again though.

Comment

MHW: Iceborne out in the Autumn on all platforms.
                  Thanks for pointing it out in the GOTY thread QC.

Comment

So as well as Tigrex and Nargacuga, Glavenus has been confirmed and they're now teasing Brachydios. The latter is up there as one of my favourite fights in MH, so I'm pretty excited to hear he's back.

Comment

Alatreon returns to MH this week!
                      Make sure you have your sleeping-bombing kits ready to go, and then expect to fail a whole bunch of runs because people don't know what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Alatreon returns to MH this week!
                        Make sure you have your sleeping-bombing kits ready to go, and then expect to fail a whole bunch of runs because people don't know what they're doing.
                        Sounds good to me

Comment

I haven't found a rapid fire sleep bowgun, so I'm going with the Styx and it's Spare Shot ability. Mixing Uragaan and Clockwork to give my usual Guard Up plus Bombardier Secret.

Comment

Working...
                          X