Monster Hunter: World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Hunter: World

There's a new trailer featuring Elder Dragons, and a return of Deviljho.

The game will receive free updates that add new monsters to hunt, starting with Deviljho in the Spring. PC version will release in Fall.

Has everyone picked their main weapon yet? I'm thinking Hammer, or maybe Heavy Bowgun

Charge Ax for me, and occasionally Long Sword, Great Sword or Twin Blades.

Comment

Planning to stick with the Charge Blade, but also considering having a ranged weapon (maybe Bow) on the side now that separate Blademaster/Gunner armour sets are no longer a thing. Cannot wait for this!

Comment

Monster Hunter World

Out in 2 weeks.

Here's a look at the Coral Highlands map and it's monster friends.

Comment

This is a rare day 1 for me. Very excited

Comment

Do you ever watch trailers for games and wish they would show off more menu action? I know I do. I feel like with the beta and how they've shown off the game in trailers, that some people will go into this game not realizing how important preparation and crafting will be. Most people who are into MH know what to expect, and with so many small improvements across the whole game it's got us all excited, but I have seen multiple streamers try the beta and sort of shrug it off as a game you just mash to kill big monsters. Then there's the "clunky" control comments, which is fair I think, but you have to realize that is what makes the game play so much fun, it's a game about learning. So it takes you a second to pick up your gun and start moving, sure that's clunky but that's also about you noticing tells from the enemy, so you have that extra second to do it. Anyways I hope the game does well, and doesn't fly over the heads of some people.

PlayStation Access have a vid up on the game, with some unseen (for me at least) footage of the crafting menu and stuff. Direct link You can try on gear in the crafting menu and see what it looks like, flag certain armor/weapon pieces so that when you collect the final ingredient to make it, you get a pop up and in general it looks a lot more tidy.

Comment

Rotten Vale area gameplay

Comment

Heh, I just popped on to post that video too, Hudson!

Comment

Yes! Got in before You!

Oh you still went ahead and posted it.

Comment

I'd already copied it, so thought I'd dump it without having to faff with editing tags like I normally have to!

Looks interesting, though.

I still haven't bought it.
                    I'm not sure I can commit the time to play it properly with others.

Comment

Limited edition Monster Hunter World PS4 Pro bundle.

As part of the bundle, you’ll also receive voucher codes for an in-game Origin Armour Set, Fair Wind Charm Talisman, as well as a Monster Hunter: World dynamic Theme.

Comment

Nice controller!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Limited edition Monster Hunter World PS4 Pro bundle.

As part of the bundle, you’ll also receive voucher codes for an in-game Origin Armour Set, Fair Wind Charm Talisman, as well as a Monster Hunter: World dynamic Theme.
                          Deluxe digital edition includes those already btw.

Comment

For what you get, I think the Digital Deluxe Edition is a bit overpriced, if I'm honest.

£58 instead of £39 for the standard physical.

Pre-order to receive the following bonus content:
                            -Special Theme
                            -Origin Set
                            -Fair Wind Charm

The digital deluxe edition includes the following content:
                            -Samurai Set
                            -Additional Gesture 1: Zen
                            -Additional Gesture 2: Ninja Star
                            -Additional Gesture 3: Sumo Slap
                            -Additional Sticker Set 1: MH All-Stars Set
                            -Additional Sticker Set 2: Sir Loin Set
                            -Additional Face Paint: Wyvern
                            -Additional Hairstyle: Topknot
                            -14 Special Avatars

Note: The downloadable content in the Digital Deluxe Edition will be available as a separate paid content called the Deluxe Kit, on January 26, 2018.
                            However, the 'Special Avatars' in the Digital Deluxe Edition will not be included in the Deluxe Kit. The Origins set armor and Fair Wind Charm may be offered separately at a later date.

Comment

Uh oh, Famitsu's just reviewed Monster Hunter World.

Scores spoilered:

10/10/10/9 [39/40]

Some review highlights:

* 50-60 hours to reach the ending. Lots of replay value after that.
                              * Massive increase in the feeling of presence, and lots of QoL changes make it a more comfortable experience. Truly worthy of being called the next generation Monster Hunter.
                              * The seamless areas keep you in the action, without an interruptions.
                              * The pacing of the action has also been increased.
                              * A wide range of information, from weapon trees to monster weakpoints and parts that can be broken can now all be checked in-game, making it much easier even for new players to start the game.
                              * Scoutflies are revolutionary.
                              * The areas spread out in all directions, there's always more things to find or see.
                              * The story has a strong, solid through line.
                              * Definitely a game for cat lovers.
                              * It also includes systems that series' fans can dig down deeper into.

For comparison, previous MH Famitsu scores:

MH2 37
                              MHP2G 36
                              MHF 36
                              MH3 40
                              MHP3 39
                              MH3G 38
                              MH3GHD 35
                              MH4 38
                              MH4G 36
                              MHX 36
                              MHXX 35

I always take Famitsu scores with a pinch of salt, but it's definitely good news!

Comment

Working...
                              X