No announcement yet.

HTC Vive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah there's no problem dude. All working great now they are on the wall. I was just realising what the lights are for. Hold them in your hand = blue. Fix them firmly in space = green.

Comment

Comment

Arizona Sunshine is on offer at the moment as well.
        Built exclusively for VR, Arizona Sunshine® puts you and up to 3 fellow survivors in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. Survive solo or in co-op, handle weapons with real-life movements, and explore a post-apocalyptic world in VR. Putting the undead back to rest is more thrilling than ever before.

Playing the campaign in co-op is hors of fun

Comment

I'm all set up now and trying to work out how to get the damn thing comfortable while offering the best view. I've got some kind of weird thing happening with my right eye where it feels like it's blurring stuff (only it isn't when I close my left).

I've got the VRCover 6mm padding arriving tomorrow for extra comfort and more FOV. After that I'll try the GearVR lens transplant as I really dislike having to move my head to read text.

Comment

So...when are Nintendo gonna wise up and port Mario Kart VR to PC? It is running off of Vive tech, right??

Comment

Budget Cuts is 50% off so I snapped it up.

Sometimes these charmless indie-like games can surprise. Most of the time they don't.

I wish Skyrim VR wasn't €60. I can't even pirate it momentarily because the script extender that's required for the more powerful mods will only initiate when Steam is invoked. There's a way around it apparently but I can't be arsed - I'll just wait for the summer sales or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                Budget Cuts is 50% off so I snapped it up.

Sometimes these charmless indie-like games can surprise. Most of the time they don't.

I wish Skyrim VR wasn't €60. I can't even pirate it momentarily because the script extender that's required for the more powerful mods will only initiate when Steam is invoked. There's a way around it apparently but I can't be arsed - I'll just wait for the summer sales or whatever.
                I wish you could play RE 7 VR just to see how good it is in VR

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  I wish you could play RE 7 VR just to see how good it is in VR
                  Even Oculus themselves occasionally port-beg, so just have to wait. No one has even bothered with making an unofficial VR patch for it yet as I presume everyone thinks it's a dead cert. Room scale would add another huge dimension to the game, I'm sure.

Budget Cuts is really good! Cleverly stealth your way around an office using a teleporter gun while trying to avoid the robots. I'm just about starting to kill stuff with knives. The room scale works really well with this one, and the sense of presence is amazing. I absolutely hate rogue-likes usually but there is something wildly fun about actually ducking behind scenery while a robot walks past, listening to his footsteps to make sure he's far away enough before making your move.

One of my favorites so far. Looks, feels, and (almost) sounds like a Valve game*. I just hope it's not too short. These VR games usually end right about the point you're getting into them.

* The audio in Valve's The Lab is next level.

Comment

Even Oculus themselves occasionally port-beg, so just have to wait. No one has even bothered with making an unofficial VR patch for it yet as I presume everyone thinks it's a dead cert. .
                    I wish you could because as a VR experience it's terrifying and unmatched. It feels like it was made for VR from the start of developmenht and its so nice to play a AAA VR game with a full and proper single player game that isn't over in less than 2 hours of gameplay.

It's a shame SONY ingore the PC too and didn't port Rush Of Blood to VR that too is an totally increabile experince

Comment

Well they need to keep some things exclusive. I'd like to see Tetris Effect as well.

PSVR has lots of good rep, even among PC enthusiasts. If you already have a PS4 you can't go wrong.

Comment

Well they need to keep some things exclusive. I'd like to see Tetris Effect as well.
                        That's quite pathetic and sad. I get keeping base console games exclusive but don't get the deal with VR when the user base is limited and there's no rival equivalent on Xbox or Switch.

Comment

Did a firmware upgrade on the base stations. One of them gave a "fault 02" + red light (nowhere on the LED colour help files does it mention red led!!!). Turns out the new firmware has more precise error checking and it thinks the rotor speed isn't right, so has disabled the base station, even thought it worked perfectly beforehand.... Nasty. Anyway, I contact support and they told me to downgrade (they supply old firmwares in the steamvr folder just in case). All back to normal! Phew

Comment

Working...
                          X