HTC Vive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTC Vive

I've played a bit of HTC Vive and it's frankly incredible. Having the hand controllers displayed in the virtual world as seemingly real objects makes it all a bit bizarrely easy to accept as reality.

My son has been in there all day. I thought he'd get bored, but, nope.

I'll post some more stuff once I've peeled it off his head.

p.s. I'm using a GTX960 which is below spec, although I have the OC version and it has been in OC mode for hours. The lobby area is a bit jerky, but the games are mostly smooth.

Nice, so what have you been playing?

Fantasynth is a nice family and friends friendly music demo thing with nice visuals
    Fantasynth One is an audio-reactive experience designed for Virtual Reality. Glide through a procedurally populated environment that comes alight with electronic music by French producer N'to.

Something that I know will be up you street is "Space pirate trainer"
    Space Pirate Trainer is the official trainer for wannabe space pirates in VR. Pick up your blasters, put on your sneakers, and dance your way into the Space Pirate Trainer hall of fame.

VRChat is free and mmmm entertaining, but there are some impressive locations to have a look around. Resi Evil, bits of silent Hill
    Join our growing community as you explore, play, and help craft the future of social VR. Create worlds and custom avatars. Welcome to VRChat.

If you have DoomBFG edition then there is an amazing mod to make the game fully VR. And its free!

Comment

Picked up an Oculus last month and I've just started Lone Echo. If you like the interacting with your hands thing, it's bloody brilliant. I'll do a first play thread tonight if I remember.

Comment

Just now, I've been playing "Richie's Plank Experience". Absolutely terrifying. I got a plank from the garden and told the software where it was. Then got in that lift. OMG. I was trying to hang on to the lift doors. I am NOT good with heights, but I'm pretty sure you could train yourself to get over it with this. I managed to get out half way along the plank and then got totally stuck and couldn't move. If my son hadn't been there telling me to get on with it, I might have still been stuck there now I felt sick, gripping the edge of the plank with my toes and was toppling about, with my arms waving around like an idiot.

Other games: The Rec room and The Lab and Job Simulator. Only tried the shmup and the archery tower defence thing in the lab so far. That archery thing was mentalist.

I've got Dirt Rally which supports VR, so I'll have to try that tomorrow. Now I need to sit down. Cheers for the recommendations. I'll check them out!

Comment

Lol I remember my sister having a go on the plank think and pushed her over, she screamed......... a lot!
          If you don't have your VR legs yet Dirt Rally maybe a bit much at first.
          Project cars is pretty good.

Comment

REZ is a must , Area X in VR is like a drug, is RE 7 in VR now on the PC , or is they still time left to go on the Sony deal . That game is amazing in VR and just terrifyingly good.

Comment

Rez....

Comment

Can confirm Pcars2 works very well in VR although a gtx 960 might be pushing it.

Comment

Vive upgrade incoming. Check CES for news. Looks like higher resolution based HMD and standalone for current users to just upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                    Vive upgrade incoming. Check CES for news. Looks like higher resolution based HMD and standalone for current users to just upgrade.
                    sssshhhh Charlesr only just got his

I have to agree Rez is great fun but VR makes it toooooooo easy

I`m not sure when Resi 7 VR is hitting PC, but I`m not planning on playing it if its just going to be game pad control scheme.

Comment

I'm using a GTX960-OC which is running ok but I think totally on the limit, so I'm pretty sure the higher res one would require a new card!

I've barely had a lookin yet. The kids have been up very late. School next week - need to reset their clocks with an early night.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post

I`m not sure when Resi 7 VR is hitting PC, but I`m not planning on playing it if its just going to be game pad control scheme.
                        Think the Capcom deal with SONY was for a year or maybe less, so it should be any time now. Trust me the game is just something else in VR. It works perfectly and the sense of dread and is unmacthed . I can only play it for less than 20 mins each time as its just too much and I can't take it anymore.

Its a fabulous experience and also a brilliant game in its own right

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          Think the Capcom deal with SONY was for a year or maybe less, so it should be any time now. Trust me the game is just something else in VR. It works perfectly and the sense of dread and is unmacthed . I can only play it for less than 20 mins each time as its just too much and I can't take it anymore.

Its a fabulous experience and also a brilliant game in its own right
                          Yea I loved the normal version on PC. I had a little go on the PSVR and while the sense of immersion and suspense was good the whole playing with a gamepad ruined it for me. I`ve become so used to using my hands (fnar) in VR that using a gamepad for anything other than say a racing game is a step backwards for me.

Comment

Oh great, I never knew Rez VR was on the PC. Resi 7 being a timed exclusive is good news too. I'm hoping work is good this year and then I can buy a VR set through my company for 21% off. Might even look into some developer tools and crack on with some VR interfaces whilst the market is still fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              I've played a bit of HTC Vive and it's frankly incredible. Having the hand controllers displayed in the virtual world as seemingly real objects makes it all a bit bizarrely easy to accept as reality.
                              I must admit, being the sort of person I am, whenever I get a new feature or something in a game, I nearly always try to break it. Consequently I was very impressed by those controllers; crossing them over, moving my hands in different patterns to confuse them... The point where I found I was able to actually toss one in the air and catch it after it flipped over, I was convinced that they really are something else.

Comment

Working...
                              X