Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I hope they get the best Judge ever!

Really thought that was gonna be Judge Reinhold.

Comment

It all goes to character - the guy comes across as angry and paranoid and without the temperament for a position that's going to decide the lives of millions of citizens for as long as he lives - starting fights over little things is something plenty of people manage to avoid, even when they've had a few beers that lead to police involvement. It all depends on the seriousness, but yes, minor silly things should probably be ignored if all candidates are equal; personally I've found it possible not to throw pint glasses at people preventing the need for them to go to hospital.

Let us not forget though that it isn't a single allegation either, there are three of them at last count. He wasn't the only person shortlisted - a position like this shouldn't be an entitlement.
      Last edited by MartyG; 02-10-2018, 11:05.

Comment

He just shouldn't be in the running anymore. Even if it transpires he's innocent, he shouldn't be out in post with those kinds of questions hanging over him until it's resolved.

Why the hell is it a lifetime role as well?

Comment

A survey of 25 international countries has found that global opinion of America has reached a historic low since Trump took office, levels reached beyond that of any previous President. Only three countries saw public opinion of the USA rise under Trump: Israel, Kenya and... dum-d-dum-dum... Russia!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Really thought that was gonna be Judge Reinhold.
            It was that or Dredd, but I think he's Trump's kinda guy.

Comment

Republican Jeff Flake calls Trump’s speech ‘kind of appalling’ while Ford’s lawyer condemns ‘vicious, vile and soulless attack’

Everyday I feel like we may have reached the saturation point where Trump can't surprise of offend anymore because he's done it all. And then he mocks a sexual assault victim.

As Republicans prepare for vote, Trump hints support could be withdrawn if investigation finds Kavanaugh lied to the Senate

But he says he'd withdraw his support of Kavanaugh if the FBI determines he'd like to congress.

After Kavanaugh railed against the left, observers on both sides of the aisle see ‘legitimate questions about him as a justice’

Meanwhile Kavanaugh's outburst against the Democrats has raised concerns that he lacks the impartiality to be on the Supreme Court

Comment

Well, after US officials maintained their proven track record of failing after pushing Kavanaugh through to the Senate...

The first thing I can recall liking Taylor Swift for was her push against the Republicans for the mid-terms and it's been reported that her comments have caused a surge in voter registration.

Comment

I love Trump's pathetic response: "Let's just say I like her music about 25% less now."

Comment

And yet interestingly that leaves him still a fan

Comment

Urgh, America - Still failing to learn

Comment

I guess people probably feared this is how it would go when Reagan got in. I'm hoping Trump will mean a swing back to voting in politicians who know what they are doing but, yeah, it could go this way and a string of celeb presidents would be a terrible thing.

Comment

We've already had the likes of Dwayne Johnson knocking about the idea, literally god help the world if the immensely damaged mindset of Kanye gains traction.

I just cannot get behind the idea that anyone (i.e anyone American born and rich) can make it as President. If you don't need relevant experience and qualifications for that role you shouldn't ask for them for any other position in government, medicine, sanitation or military either... hell, maybe they don't by this point

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            I guess people probably feared this is how it would go when Reagan got in. I'm hoping Trump will mean a swing back to voting in politicians who know what they are doing but, yeah, it could go this way and a string of celeb presidents would be a terrible thing.
                            The bar has been well and truly lowered now - the voting public has proved this to be true. The only barrier to entry is the money to run a campaign (and the requirement to be a born US Citizen above the age of 35 and been in residence for 15 years).

Comment

So I was just reading the transcript of Kanye West’s visit to the White House . Well I tried to, but eventually I had to give in. Utter gobbledygook from both him and Trump.

Comment

Trump must have thought 'finally, a day that falls right into my lap'. I find it hard to work out Kanye, to tell whether he has issues or whether he's just thick. He was utterly finished the second he literally got in bed with the Kardashians, they've utterly ruined every single male they've come into contact with, it's like the aftermath of a battleground if their wake, so he's allowed to flap his mouth in a very unfiltered way in the middle of a very toxic narcissism bubble which seems to be escalating the weirdness.

The plus side is, his threats of running for office will never come to anything as he'd never get the democrat votes and would ironically fail to get a fair chunk of Republican votes too given their... views. He is such a dolt but there's always a tinge of sadness about the spectacle, it's an admittedly grim view but speaking honestly, I find it hard to picture Kanye's life ending well down the line. He either has issues whilst living in a very poor environment to support him (he definitely seems to have gotten ten times worse since his mother died) or he will as life kicks him up the backside

Comment

Working...
                                X