No announcement yet.

America's Darkest Days II: Blackest Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His base will love him for it because he'll have got it this way... And then he can brag about no-one being able to stop him. You have to remember they're all brainwashed...

Of course in doing this past of his own party will dislike the precendent he's setting going about it this way. If he doesn't get re-elected expect it to come back and haunt them.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      It's going to be tied up in court cases until the democrats get back into office at which point the project will be canned.
      Just realised, though... The primaries for 2020 come up around a year from now. This might actually be quite a shrewd political move; if the court cases are still ongoing, Trump's supporters are going to be riled up because they see a defeat as also killing that project.

Comment

Former FBI chief says president believed Russian leader over US security agencies and ‘a crime may have been committed’ over Comey firing

Former FBI Director Andrew McCabe has claimed that Trump dismissed FBI intelligence about the threat of North Korean missiles as he believed Putin more.

Comment

What do you expect from a guy who doesn't believe his own intelligence service? (ISIS defeated, Iran building A-bombs, North Korea no longer doing atomic tests, etc.)

Comment

16 states have banded together to sue Trump over his declaration of a state of national emergency.

Also, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is expected to step down in mid-March. Rosenstein is the man who appointed Mueller to investigate Trump

Comment

Triggered: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-parody-on-snl

Comment

If it looks like a threat, sounds like a threat and reads as a threat, it’s probably a threat.

I really don’t know how this s*** show has gone on this long without that clown being either a: removed or b: shot (probably by his own guard).

Just proves how broken the world is.

Comment

Heh, it disturbingly reminds me of that bit they added to the movie version of V for Vendetta, with Stephen Fry.

Comment

He always was a dictator in the making, thankfully America lacks the avenues for him to fulfil any such ambitions unlike how China is sleep-walking into being under one. The longer he's in post the more his ego gets fed and the worse he'll get, the only hope is that he continues in a manner that incriminates him in some way at the worst time.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      He always was a dictator in the making, thankfully America lacks the avenues for him to fulfil any such ambitions unlike how China is sleep-walking into being under one. The longer he's in post the more his ego gets fed and the worse he'll get, the only hope is that he continues in a manner that incriminates him in some way at the worst time.
                      He’s already incriminated himself several times hasn’t he?

Comment

The longer he's in post the more his ego gets fed
                        Not just his ego but his paranoia. He always felt a bit unhinged but now more so than ever.

Comment

Independent senator reprises 2016 bid for Democratic nomination and raises stunning $4m in first hours of campaign

*Sigh* Really wished he hadn't been tempted to another grab for the hot seat.

Comment

Who would you put up?

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...run-presidency

*Sigh* Really wished he hadn't been tempted to another grab for the hot seat.
                              I like Bernie Sanders and hope he gets a bit more coverage this time.

I also like his chicken in eleven secret herbs and spices.

Comment

I feel like the Dem's find themselves in a similar frame that Labour does. They need a fresh face, someone well suited to tackling Trump head on.

The trouble with Bernie is that he carries the baggage of the last primaries with him too much, I'm doubtful he could galvanise enough of a push to make it less likely Trump would win a second term. If they're going to nominate an old white guy with experience and support then Biden seems a better fit and probably is an easier campaign sell as he doesn't look like he's close to keeling over soon either. Outside of that maybe O'Rourke. It sounds really... awful, but several of the announced runners are female, POC or both and I don't think they stand a chance. Trump and his era just seems to show America just isn't there yet and Obama didn't make the positive impact in that way that they seemed to hope he would, I think it'll be a while yet before they break from having a privileged white guy in charge. The Democrats and voters could roll the dice on that but I'm doubtful they will against Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X