No announcement yet.

The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind it, it's familiar but if the rumours of it being heavily a detective story are true it's likely the final film will feel unique from the existing movies.

To save peeps searching:

In addition to the trailer for The Batman, Warner Bros also:

Revealed a Featurette giving us our first solid look at Shazam: Fury of the Gods

Both Titans and Doom Patrol have been renewed for fourth seasons on HBO Max, it was announced on Saturday at the DC FanDome virtual fan event. In conjunction with the pick-up news, Warner Bros. TV released a sneak peek at the Titans Season 3 finale (premiering this Thursday, Oct. 21), above — as well as […]

Warner Bros have also greenlit Doom Patrol: Season 04 along with Titans: Season 04

The Batman prequel 'Pennyworth' has been renewed for Season 3, and will also move from Epix to HBO Max for the new season.

Meanwhile, they have also greenlit Pennyworth: Season 03 which will see the show move from Epix to HBO Max

They also released some concept art for the upcoming production of the MBO Max DCU movie Batgirl:

In addition to their HBO DCU movie for Blue Beetle:

HBO Max also had a teaser for Harley Quinn: Season 03

A teaser for Peacemaker, the sequel series to The Suicide Squad was shown:

Taking things back to DC's film line up for 2022, they revealed the first look at the Shazam spin-off film Black Adam

Finally, they released the first teaser for The Flash

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 17-10-2021, 21:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      I was a bit disappointed by how familiar it looks. I feel like I have seen this movie time and time again and the main difference is the car design. I think I was expecting a more different take here so was surprised by it looking like yet another Batman film… which maybe is something I shouldn’t have been surprised by.
      It's not just this... A lot of this genre feels like you've seen it before. Prinny said it's a golden age for nerds, but be careful what you wish for, I suppose.

Comment

A BTS reel for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Comment

WHY is there another batman movie with yet another different batman. Pointless, disjointed and a waste of everyone’s time.

Comment

Gotta look at it like why there would be another Spider-Man, or Bond etc
            To be fair, there's a greater distinction between Batmen than there is those others

Comment

To be fair, although Batman appeared in BvsS and Justice League, we haven't had a stand alone Batman film since Dark Knight Rises in 2012.
              By comparison Amazing Spiderman 2 was 2014 and Homecoming was 2017

Comment

The Batsmen post Begins would be indistinguishable to be a casual observer.

There were so many spideymans because Sony would lose the rights if they didn't keep making them, or something?

Comment

Yeah, I would agree. And so many Batman incarnations are: what if Batman... but gritty? And this trailer just looked way more predictable than I expected. I don't even know what I thought it might be...

Comment

Sony has the rights to make Spider-Man films till the end of time, the lack of distinguishing elements across their incarnations was just through their fear of losing the money the property brought in.

I definitely agree that the trailers for The Batman look like they lean back into the Nolan era and that what if scenario. To me, The Batman looks like it's attempting to answer the idea of What If Nolan Batman... but actually a good Batman movie

Comment

The last Nolan one made no sense to me. I'm not watching it again or reading any guides on it either. Alan Moore had a point that the grim 80s stuff was overdone and spoiled a lot of material. This stuff was never intended solely for adults.

Moore probably hated the genre by then but he had a point. They should have adult themes or universal themes perhaps but just being dark or shocking for no real reason is kind of silly, too. Oh wow Joker kills Robin, Iron Man is an alcoholic, and so on like the Scotch video ads.

Comment

Yeah, Rises is just a ropey film in general. It has a very distinct air about it that Nolan was bored of making them by that point and doesn't carry the same level of polish or care the previous two did. Dark Knight is a very good film but I never found it to be a very Batman film, there's a blatant effort made to strip Batman imagery from Begins out of the film and it reads very much more like a very strong crime thriller with Batman draped over it. This leaves Begins which feels like the most balanced entry

Comment

JK Simmons is returning as Commissioner Gordon in Batgirl

Comment

Cocaine Bear Co-producer Chris Miller has confirmed that the Elizabeth Banks-directed character-driven thriller “Cocaine Bear” has wrapped filming. The project is based on a real-life event where an American black bear was found dead after consuming a massive overdose dropped by a drug smuggler. Miller and Phil Lord produce the film which began shooting in […]

Patti Jenkins has confirmed work has begun on Wonder Woman III and that Lynda Carter will return

Comment

Also, a look at the redesigned Black Manta from Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Comment

I think I’m done with all these. That Batman trailer is as dog said, something I’ve seen over and over again. Another Wonder Woman after the total garbage if the last one? That was one of the worst movies ever made. The DC Netflix shows were not bad though. Particularly season 1 of Jessica Jones, which was better than any movie imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X