No announcement yet.

The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you just proved your point of finding all the superhero content to be too similar.
    JJ was Marvel

Comment

I'm in for the new Batman film. I think it looks cool. Yeah it's 'Dark and Gritty' but I'm fine with that, it's more 'Batman' looking then Dark Knight Rises (Batman in broad daylight?).
      As for the Justice League characters, I don't give a ****. I'm interested to see Keaton as batman again, but I'm not confident it'll be done well.

Comment

I'm curious about Flash as the Flashpoint story has the potential to be a good one and it'll be interesting to see the director of Mama and It change genre, especially with the character moving away from the DCU and supposedly to something more emotional. Hopefully it gives Affleck a decent out and Keaton coming back is nothing but goodness. It's all to easy to go across sites and see the same voices complain about but champion Andrew Garfield coming back as Spider-Man. The DCU films are very variable in quality but the fanboy MCU vs DCU aspect has never been more obvious as it is these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          The DCU films are very variable in quality but the fanboy MCU vs DCU aspect has never been more obvious as it is these days.
          Really though? The first part of your sentence pretty much sums it up and, even then, the word "variable" is kind.

Comment

I think you just proved your point of finding all the superhero content to be too similar.
            JJ was Marvel
            Ha!! I don’t know what’s what. Gotham was good too and that’s dc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Really though? The first part of your sentence pretty much sums it up and, even then, the word "variable" is kind.
              It's become knee jerk though, it's been the same for a while now where the slightest bit of new teaser or trailer for new films is automatically dropped on without a real sense of true justification. There are definitely weak films within the DCU umbrella but when say fifteen seconds of footage of The Rock wearing a hood gets torn into it's daft. It's when it strays into the territory where I suspect that if Shazam opened with the Marvel logo people would lose their nuts at it being an amazing addition.

Good will is certainly with Marvel due to the consistent bar they've set but ultimately it shouldn't pave over the weak bits just as Zack Snyders delivery of Justice League shouldn't colour peoples impressions of a trailer for The Flash. They share two actors, that's all.

Reminds me of the TV side of things and the constant push for the Netflix characters to be re-canonised completely overlooking the logistics and that frankly they haemorraghed viewers and were about 90% awful in quality. But hey, they said Marvel on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Ha!! I don’t know what’s what. Gotham was good too and that’s dc.
                Yep, it's hard work especially on the TV side with DC given how much they mix up their character interpretations. I can imagine many way Pennyworth and forget it's DC or sometimes even comics related.

Comment

It's become knee jerk though
                  I guess I'm not looking at what the rest of the internet says but, for me, DC have earned a high level of scepticism whereas Marvel have earned a high level of trust. Although even then, the reaction to The Eternals trailer shows me that we're not just assuming every new Marvel movie will be good. And as it happens, based on Shazam, I'm looking forward to Black Adam and Shazam 2.

Comment

Yep, it's a shame too as Shazam was kind of instantly overlooked by many and it's a genuinely fun film that seems ripe for opening up more in future films (which the sequel and the spin-off seem to be leaning hard into).

Eternals is a good example too, I'm going to go watch it but it's entirely on the basis of it being an MCU film. None of the trailers have sold it on its own strengths as yet to me.

Comment

Despite its box office woes Warner Bros is reportedly working on Birds of Prey 2 which will remove Harley Quinn and likely roll in Batgirl. Presumably this would tie to the films streaming and VOD life during the pandemic and the link to the HBO Max focused Batgirl would also set a potential expectation that this will be HBO Max launched rather than in cinemas.

Comment

I think I would have liked the original film better without Harley so, okay, I'm fine with this.

Comment

Any new film needs a lot more Huntress, massively underserved in the first and the tone needs tweaking a little, the film felt so disconnected

Comment

Yeah it did. It was a film where I think there was potential for me to enjoy it much more than I did but some things just didn't work for me and Harley was definitely one of them. I found myself thinking maybe they should have leaned into the comedy more and yet, actually, I think that's what they were trying to do only it didn't quite land.

Comment

Brendan Fraser reported to have been signed to be in Batgirl, rumbles are as Firefly

Comment

Darnell Metayer & Josh Peters (“Transformers: Rise of the Beasts,” “The Nola”) have been hired to write “Val Zod,” HBO Max’s upcoming film adaptation of the ‘black Superman’ DC Comics character. The story follows a Kryptonian with powers who hails from the same doomed planet as Superman and finds refuge on Earth 2. He is […]

Things are becoming clearer on the 'black Superman' film WB is working on. It will be based on Val Zod and will be released as a HBO Max film. Val is an alternate earth Kryptonian who ends up meeting Clark Kent.

Comment

Working...
                                X