Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/eisenber...as-lex-luthor/

Eisenberg says he's not currently slated for a DCU movie but is eager to return
    Were people too polite to say that he's the only one with that sentiment?

Comment

Eventually got round to watching Justice League tonight.

It’s twenty minutes too short. I really enjoyed the back story about Steppenwolf, the Amazons and the Atlantians. The way extra characters are picked up and rammed into a team without much prior development really grates with me, though. Having said that, I quite like the way Wonder Woman was fleshed out with a stand-alone film after her introduction, so I’ll reserve judgment until the Cyborg and Aquaman films are released.

I felt this film lacks the edge that made the first Avengers film such a success. I can’t quite pinpoint what. Maybe it’s the underdevelopment of the team together. The end battle I found too short. As I say, it’s missing twenty minutes of quality character building and crisp action.

I still really enjoyed it, however. Some great set pieces, and I didn’t have a problem with the tone like some reviews seem to have. Cyborg is a decent addition. Aquaman slightly better. Miller plays Barry Allen well. Gal Gadot is excellent as usual, and eyewateringly hot. She just dominates the screen visually and with her performance. Affleck is less potent than in BvS, but I still like his turn. Cavill is ok.

My order for DCU so far:
      Wonder Woman (by a country mile) 8.5/10
      BvS 7.5/10
      Justice League 7/10
      Man of Steel 7/10
      Suicide Squad 6/10

Comment

Though fans online were hoping something would premiere at WonderCon this past weekend, sadly nothing from Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Films’ “Aquaman” was shown. Asked why not, the film’s director James Wan took to Twitter to explain why there has been no trailer as of yet. He also set out to debunk some recent […]

James Wan says he himself is holding back trailers for Aquaman saying he wants to avoid releasing anything he considers to be sub-par for the film

Comment

When set photos showed up of Zachary Levi in his Shazam costume, there was much debate about it. Though comics accurate, it was also obviously padded in parts as basically all superhero costumes are these days – even if only for contouring in some areas. That is part of the point of course – Shazam […]

Zachary Levi responds to Shazam moaners

Comment

Much to my surprise I enjoyed Justice League! Probably the best of the bunch in fact. Wonder Woman was good, but dragged on and by the finale I didn't really care. Batman Vs. has plenty of good moment sand The Joker and Harley were great in Suicide Squad - shame about the rest of the movie. Man of Steel i've hidden away in the vault of poo movies to not be rewatched!

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures’ proposed “Batgirl” solo film is still alive with news today that the studio is moving ahead on developing a new film based on the DC Entertainment heroine. Christina Hodson, who penned the 2017 thriller “Unforgettable” and the upcoming “Transformers” spin-off “Bumblebee,” has been tapped to pen a new script which will follow […]

Warners is said to have ramped up development on Batgirl again with Christina Hodson, who penned Unforgettable and Bumblee, working on the script for the film now.

Comment

Cathy Yan has apparently impressed Warners with her take on Birds of Prey and the film will lurch quickly into production with her at the helm later this year. The film will also be yet another DCU entry with Harley Quinn featuring

Comment

This morning came the news that Warner Bros. Pictures was lining up journalist turned acclaimed indie director Cathy Yan to helm a film based on DC Comics title “Birds of Prey” which would focus on Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. As a result of this, Variety reporter Justin Kroll reports that the other planned Harley […]

Apparently the green light for Birds of Prey has resulted in Suicide Squad 2 being delayed.

Comment

Though he’s been linked with the role for at least two years, to date the only real-time Joe Manganiello has been able to play the DC Comics villain Deathstroke on screen was a post-credits sequence on last year’s “Justice League”. That of course was a tease for a Ben Affleck-directed “Batman” film which was to […]

Manganiello suggests the Deathstroke movie is still tootling along in the background of the DCU development slate. There's also a report that WB doesn't want to significantly delay Suicide Squad 2 and production of the film will begin almost back to back with Birds of Prey

Comment

QC almost called it right bar the choice in superhero universe. Gareth Evans, The Raid, is said to be in talks to helm DC's Deathstroke movie.

Comment

Oh man, so close!

It's fun watching all the CGI action happen, but there's always going to be something satisfying about action that's primarily real.

Evans proved this with the amazing fights, shootouts and car chases in the two Raid films.

Let's hope this happens and it's crammed full of realistic fights.

Comment

Margot Robbie is definitely reprising Harley Quinn in the near future, and the actress recently commented to CinemaBlend on what her next movie appearance will be.

Of the numerous Harley featuring movies planned, Margot Robbie has said that her own Harley leading a girl gang movie has now been greenlit and will be her next movie. This film isn't the Joker, Gotham City Sirens, Birds of Prey or SS2 line of projects so presumably she's going to have to do some of these almost back to back

Comment

Filmmaker Peter Jackson has been keeping quiet in the years since “The Hobbit” trilogy was released, but now he’s reportedly weighing between two quite different options for his near future work slate. A tweet by TheOneRing.Net reports that discussions are underway with Jackson and his New Zealand crew about whether to play in the DC […]

Peter Jackson is said to be considering whether to work on Amazon's Lord of the Rings TV adaptation or whether to work on a DCU movie.

Please, please god let him choose LOTR. I have zero interest in him going near the DCU, not a step forward at all.

Comment

The thing is, the DC movies are all pretty bad.
                              They don't seem to have much of a plan other than "Harley was the least-worst part of Suicide Squad, let's make loads of films about her!"

I hope the Deathstroke movie rocks because, y'know, Evans, but why shouldn't Jackson have a crack at a DCU movie?

Surely he's done with LotR? He's made six movies, all extended to about six hours each. They're not that streamlined!

It'd be like visiting your junior school again. It makes you realise just how small your world was when you were there.

I'd love Jackson to do another comedy horror. He can probably do it with his own money again but he must have a few more dollars than when he did Bad Taste. Failing that, a DCU film would be interesting, for me.

Comment

I feel like the Hobbit trilogy is a case enough for keeping him off them. The DCU movies so far are effectively a case of potential but lacking in delivery, though they're all pretty much tied to the vision of one man who's no longer working on them. Whilst they have a ridiculous number of projects on the go, they seem like they're beginning to listen and I feel like throwing one at Jackson would be effectively committing to another dud. As much as LOTR is a great achievement, it's the only one where he nailed the landing on a large scale project and that was a long time ago now. I'd be particularly livid if he was given Man of Steel 2 as the link suggested, so massively mismatched.

I'm hopeful DCU can refocus itself, it still feels like it has more potential than the MCU for its individual character stories, they just need to avoid corporate led decision making over ruling everything and director vanity projects. Hopefully WW guides them

Comment

Working...
                                X