No announcement yet.

The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta say, I feel the Black Adam advertising has been really ineffective - because I'm seeing it everywhere and it's already reached the point where they've asked me to go see it so many times that I really don't want to go see it just to get them to shut the **** up.

Comment

I feel very neutral on it which probably also says a lot about the extensive marketing window its had. Half the time I find myself a bit let down that Shazam doesn't appear in it

Comment

DC Films Chief Walter Hamada Officially Exits - Dark Horizons
        The era is over and the new one awaits

Comment

Black Adam
          I mean... It's okay. Not great but okay. The film is in real time for the most part and to sum it up, the storyline is very simple origin stuff whilst the film is essentially 2hrs of shock and awe superhero action sequences. Looking at it through the prism of not automatically ****ing on it for not having the Marvel logo preceding it, the film feels less like a DCU reboot and more like a palette cleanser

The Snyder, Gunn etc styles are gone in favour of something that feels much closer to Marvel by but without being exact. Shazam, which this is connected to, is the better film thanks to how much more earnest that is but though not challengers for best in genre they're more solid a direction than most DCU offerings. I hope Shazam 2 delivers on advancing things the right way. If you fancy Johnson blowing things up then this delivers, it doesn't aim much higher but doesn't come near real stumblers like Morbius etc

Comment

Henry Cavill confirms he is fully back in the DCU

Comment

Warner Bros has secured its Kevin Feige

DC Films is to be replaced with DC Studios and will be run by producer Peter Safran and filmmaker James Gunn

Together they will now oversee DC's film, television and animation division. Safran will oversee DC's Business and Production work whilst James Gunn is now in charge of all Creative content.

Comment

James Gunn, Peter Safran To Run DC Studios - Dark Horizons
                The deal with Gunn and Safran will run for at least four years with Gunn still directing films, though exclusively for DC now. It also covers every property made by the studio barring just one - the in production sequel to Joker

Comment

The DCEU Is Getting A New Name - Dark Horizons
                  Though, as the thread title shows, we've always kept it listed as such Warner Bros' official name for its universe has been changed to being the DC Cinematic Universe whereas previously it was the DC Extended Universe.

Cavill Excited For 'Enormously Joyful' Superman - Dark Horizons
                  Cavill talks a little more about returning for multiple films which will include Man of Steel 2. Though it's too early for anything specific he did confirm one thing - that moving forward Superman will drop the darker tone of prior appearances and be a 'joyful' character

Comment

What if joyful Superman… but dark.

Comment

*Pictures Superman laughing maniacally alongside a solum crowd of superheroes at Lois's funeral*

**shiver**

Comment

A bit more from Cavill on the approach to Superman moving forward:
                        Cavill Wants New Superman To Truly Inspire - Dark Horizons

Comment

WBD's Zaslav Wants More Potter, Superman - Dark Horizons
                          The CEO of Warner emphasises again the companies renewed focus on leading with Superman as a franchise whilst also saying they will be looking to theatrically return to Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings also.

WBD's Zaslav On DC Blueprint, New SVOD - Dark Horizons
                          Whilst the DCU's 2023 four film line up is confirmed to be staying in place with Gunn's leadership line up set to follow at some point later

Comment

It's not much but a suggestion that an arc may be in play and it will use series and animated content as well as film to span the coming years.

Comment

I have no idea at all how you read that into those tweets. Not saying you’re wrong but I don’t see it. The first tweet says they hear fans and the second says they are listening. These are ear tweets.

Edit: oh wait! There is a third tweet that is not ear-related. That’s where you’re getting it from. Oh okay.

Comment

It's retweets, there's another one missing and for some reason it struggles to upload the tweet quickly and then turns out it missed some of the chain. Already a reason to see Twitter replaced even before Musk got his dodgy hands on it

Handily this morning DarkHorizons has written it up in full

Gunn: DC Focus Will Be 'Going Forward' - Dark Horizons

Comment

Working...
                                X