The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Beetle

This was a film of two halves for me. The opening sections dragged and I couldn’t really click with the context, characters and soundtrack. At a later point, though, it grew into a better place. There’s a nice heart to this film, and a couple of sequences in particular had a wonderful combination of visuals, sound and meaning. Instead of the dreadful chugging nu-Mex-metal dirge, something more akin to Tangerine Dream accompanied some touching moments.

Miguel from Cobra Kai was a likeable lead, although I genuinely hated how some of his pithy comments during battles and suit-discovery moments were drowned out by the jarring soundtrack. That’s a real flaw in the sound production. A few of the characters were just plain annoying to start with, but grew into something better. Some of the inventions and revelations were pure narrative contrivance, which annoyed a tad, but I finished the flick feeling like I’d enjoyed a decent, old school superhero film with a good heart.

Comment

Comment

Comment

DC Studios Sets Up Permanent UK Home - Dark Horizons
          Big studio expansion to propel production in the coming handful of years is set

Comment

Won’t they need writers and actors for that?
            Maybe the plan is to build a giant server and use AI for everything?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              Won’t they need writers and actors for that?
              They've done alright so far!

Comment

Can’t they just stop? Man of Steel was decent, everything else has been absolute drivel.

Just stop.

Comment

Comment

We now have a clearer outline of how Gunn will handle the DCU and the answer means that the existing cinematic universe will end with the upcoming release of the second Aquaman movie.

Comment

I'm willing bet that these 'stories' come from Heard fans or herself in an effort to try and sidestep the inbound discussions during promotion as to why she will inevitably be excluded from events.

Comment

Wan Talks Those "Aquaman" Sequel Reshoots - Dark Horizons
                        Wan dismisses online gossip about problematic reshoots saying that Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom has only had 7-8 days of reshoots spread out due to actor availability, laying the new stories as clickbait

Comment

Photo of Josh Hartnet testing for Superman when JJ Abrams was trying to crack the character originally

Comment

Actively being promoted as the finale for the character now and much like has been the case all year with the DCEU - I'm feeling that this will be better than the endless speculation has had it

Comment

Lundgren On "Aquaman" Sequel Original Cut - Dark Horizons
                              Lundgren says that he saw an earlier cut of Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and seems to confirm that the film was heavily revised by the studio to mitigate Amber Heards presence in the film, resulting in his own role being heavily pared back due to him playing her father. Sounds like she really **** the bed

Comment

Working...
                              X