No announcement yet.

The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for keeping this thread updated. I have such mixed feelings about cinema going, still. Ventilation is the key issue but I still imagine many Americans will go on xmas day, as is tradition for many.

Comment

As an inversion of Warners news, looks like the four hour Justice League: The Snyder Cut will be getting an R-rating and a theatrical release.

Comment

“Trinkets” star Quintessa Swindell has been officially confirmed to be playing DC character Cyclone in the Dwayne Johnson-led DC Extended Universe feature “Black Adam” at Warner Bros. Pictures. Johnson himself confirmed the casting on Twitter. She joins Noah Centineo as Atom Smasher and Aldis Hodge as Hawkman in the movie which has Johnson as the […]

Quintessa Swindell has been cast as Cyclone in Black Adam

Comment

Justice League: The Snyder Cut will launch March 2021

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures has confirmed that it won’t just be the United States that will be getting a streaming release of the upcoming “Wonder Woman 1984”. Specifically, the Patty Jenkins-directed film will be coming to PVOD platforms in the United Kingdom and Ireland as a 48-hour rental from January 13th – just under a month […]

Wonder Woman 1984 will be available for 48 hour streamed rental in the UK on 13 January 2021

Comment

Speaking of which, I've decided to push the boat out one more time as there's an open cinema in a reachable distance to me so next week I'll fit in one last cinema trip for 2020 to see WW84

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                https://www.darkhorizons.com/wonder-...t-for-uk-pvod/
                Wonder Woman 1984 will be available for 48 hour streamed rental in the UK on 13 January 2021
                So what platforms is it going to be available to rent on? They don’t bother mentioning that crucial fact.

Comment

Sounds like it's coming to multiple though still unconfirmed services so presumably stuff like Sky, Amazon, Virgin etc

I saw it today and was glad I got to see it at the cinema, was nice to see something featuring some sequences that quickly reminded me why cinema is so irreplaceable as a viewing experience. I'd say someone's mileage from the film will depend on what they got from the previous film as this feels like a Part II despite the 80's setting, it's very much a continuation of the original. I don't want to go into spoilers but this feels at moments like it's dipping into Superman territory and it very nearly hits it at certain points, there are some moments that have those vibes to them and though it's a long film it gives enough breathing room to each of the core characters including the villains who are more of the Raimi mould in this one which works well and shows how a modern era film should handle bad guys in a Supes level powers film. Personally, I was enjoying but unsure how the chips would fall quality wise in the first half but the second half nailed the landing and there's a lot of touches I really like about this film.

Comment

Man I wish cinemas were open here in Wales.

Comment

Mr local Cineworld is still shut and the Vue I normally use anyway is in another region which is presently in a higher tier. No WW84 on the big screen for me then. Hopefully it’s on demand on the consoles so I can rent it from there.

Comment

They continue to mess up with things like this. Whilst a lot of people will wait til mid January to pay £15 for a rental stream, most will just watch a perfect rip from the US VOD release tomorrow. It's probably already available.

Comment

Yeah, it’s a real misstep not to have this available outside the US tomorrow on VOD.

Comment

The US still seems to think the rest of the planet doesn’t have the internet for some reason.

Comment

Wonder Woman 3 is being fast-tracked, Warner Bros. announced today. The news comes as the pic has amounted to $85M WW after a $16.7M domestic debut. The threequel will be written by Patty Jenkins, who is attached to direct, and starring Gal Gadot. The pic was released on HBO Max in the states and in theaters […]

Haters be damned it seems as Warners is said to now be fast tracking Wonder Woman 3 with Jenkins again returning alongside Gadot

Comment

Since AT&T acquired Time Warner and since the launch of HBO Max, there have been indirect and occasionally direct suggestions of a major ramping up of content from the various creative silos within the studio. Today a new feature piece in The New York Times on Walter Hamada, president of Warners’ DC Films division, confirms […]

Headed further down the Marvel rabbit hole again, DC plans to release six DCU movies per year from 2022 onward. Up to four per year will be released theatrically and at least two will be released on HBO Max creating a movie based version of MCU's Movies/Event Series model on Disney+ and cinemas. HBO Max will focus its films on the smaller budget riskier ventures whilst the theatrical releases will stick with the large budget big name fare. They're doubling down though also with spin-off series based on and interconnecting with the films also such as the planned Peacekeeper series that is on the way based on the upcoming second Suicide Squad film.

It's already been confirmed though that the Justice League: Snyder Cut release is purely a side project and doesn't impact the DCU at all or lead on to any new projects. The often referred to Snyderverse initial series of films are still considered done with and no more will be coming. Instead the introduction of the Multi-verse will be key in balancing all these new projects and allowing multiple versions of characters to co-exist without directly impacting storylines and canon unless the filmmakers wish it to. This is still being introduced in the upcoming The Flash film which introduces Earth-02 where Michael Keaton's Batman exists, Pattinson's upcoming Batman trilogy might exist for example on Earth-03 and either remain separate or later crossover in an event film.

This comes as it's revealed that in just 2-3 days Wonder Woman 1984 has been viewed by over half of HBO Max's viewership and it has set a new COVID-Era record at the box office opening to $16.7m (previous best was Tenet with $9m) domestically and currently sitting on a global tally of $85.4m

Comment

Working...
                                X