No announcement yet.

The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of the year is going to be packed with blockbusters!

Comment

James Gunn is remaining busy in quarantine. The filmmaker wrapped shooting on “The Suicide Squad” earlier this year and is well into post on it. He’s also slated to shoot the upcoming third “Guardians of the Galaxy” film. Answering fans questions on his Twitter account over the Easter holiday, Gunn says the DC Comics adaptation […]

James Gunn says that post-production is moving along fine on The Suicide Squad and there's no reason the film would be delayed from its planned date next year.

Comment

Not unexpectedly, some of Warners Bros, Pictures 2021 titles are being shuffled down the line due to the shakes up in their 2020 dates. Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” starring Robert Pattinson was supposed to debut June 25th 2021. It will now open October 1st 2021. Next up, “The Sopranos” prequel film “The Many Saints of […]

Shazam 2 has been delayed till 04 November 2022, now The Flash will open before it having super speeded itself forward to 03 June 2022

Comment

Even with “Wonder Woman 1984” delayed by two months, that hasn’t stopped filmmaker Patty Jenkins from looking ahead with the franchise and recently she revealed that an early plan is in place for not just another “Wonder Woman” movie but a spin-off focusing on the Amazon warriors who reside in the mystical land of Themyscira. […]

Patty Jenkins has suggested that the Amazon's focused spin-off to Wonder Woman may be next as part of an overall arc from the first two films that will continue into Wonder Woman 3. She won't be directing the spin-off however on the eventual third film it appears that she plans to continue having each film exist in its own period.

Comment

It’s just like Blackadder.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              It’s just like Blackadder.
              Lord Flashheart in Wonder Woman 3 confirmed!

Comment

As long as this upcoming one does decent box office I'd be alright with Jenkins directing one more. I wonder if it would be set present day or will they go into the near future perhaps? In any case that'll be 3-4 years away and hopefully WW84 isn't the opposite of the original film in terms of quality.
                Last edited by Paddy; 03-05-2020, 19:44.

Comment

Jesus. Just seen on Era, Warners are paying upward of $30m and bringing back loads of the production crew and cast and actually finishing the Snyder Cut of Justice League for release on HBO Max next year, could be almost 4hrs long.

Comment

Honestly, I think one of the worst things about modern living (you know, covid aside) is nerds getting what they want. Because it’s always terrible and it never makes them happy but it always boosts their false sense of entitlement and validates all the wrong people and all the wrong things.

Anyway, for me this will mean have a choice of two ways of never seeing this film.

Comment

I liked it more than endgame.

Comment

That’s the covid talking.

Comment

I'm intrigued. The Director's Cut for Batman v Superman didn't change the film but it did improve it. With Justice League I find it really hard to believe that the original version wasn't destined to be another step down in quality which would mean for new stuff recorded it would depend on the temptation to respond to a few years feedback that might inform it. Bare minimum Warner's could use the reshoots to replace the CG moustache scenes in the theatrical version.

Comment

That is a small amount of money to spend on essentially a new film for a new service. I didn't want to watch it again but I want to watch this new version. Hopefully it can be changed tonally as it feels boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Jesus. Just seen on Era, Warners are paying upward of $30m and bringing back loads of the production crew and cast and actually finishing the Snyder Cut of Justice League for release on HBO Max next year, could be almost 4hrs long.
                              If that's true that's too long for one film. Endgame pushes it with a 3-hour runtime but gets away with that due to it being the biggest Avengers film yet and the climax of 12 years of Marvel cinema. DC had only released prior films for three of JL's members and one of them doesn't even appear until later in the film. If the Aquaman film (the most Marvel-like film from DC) came out before Justice League that would have helped with the film being received better on release.

We're seeing improvement from the DC stable at least, albeit they seem to have box office success for one film (Man of Steel, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam) followed by the poorly-reviewed misses (BvS, Suicide Squad, Justice League, Birds of Prey). In that respect I hope that means Wonder Woman '84 will be great then (it should be with the same director, crew and so).

EDIT: I just read this on the Wikipedia page for Justice League and think the latter would be a good option to go with to provide a different take on the film:

'The cut will cost $20–30 million to complete the special effects, musical score, and editing, and will be either a four-hour version or six-part miniseries of Snyder's original vision of the film.'

Make it an event series instead. The actors have done most of the work already and any additional filmed scenes (if any) won't be a massive drain on time or resources. It appeals more than a 4 hour-long cut off the movie to me.
                              Last edited by Paddy; 21-05-2020, 10:51. Reason: Adding detail

Comment

I enjoyed this headline: https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/h...es-are-martha/

Comment

Working...
                                X