No announcement yet.

The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could believe that Harley could sell a movie given the response and success Suicide Squad and the character enjoyed last time, at the moment I'm cautious because the teaser and trailer don't entirely feel spot on - something isn't clicking the same. That being said, I don't think the film looks great in that first trailer but I expect it'll be a Shazam level hit at least because its budget is supposed to be something like $75m which should be an easy target to hit

Comment

New posters for Birds of Prey

Comment

Filmmaker James Gunn is in the early part of shooting “The Suicide Squad” for DC Films and Warner Bros. Pictures. Once that’s fully wrapped, he’ll get to work on “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” over at Marvel Studios and Disney Pictures. Speaking about starting work on ‘Squad’ on Instagram, he also revealed he has […]

The Suicide Squad 2 team assembles:

Whilst Warners have released the first proper trailer for Birds of Prey:

Comment

I'm not going to see that film unless some miracle of word of mouth tells me it is absolutely amazing but, to their credit, at least it looks a bit different and the posters are actually pretty cool.

Comment

All I really know is that it's testing a new corner of the DCU again by being an R-Rated low budget entry, likely why there's so much emphasis on Harley as if they can sell the appeal on her like they did last time they'll open up an avenue to films that make less than Marvel but are potentially more profitable via multiplier and easier to mark apart.

Comment

I liked her design in suicide squad (probably the best part of the film) , but in this she looks a bit meh. Even her hair looks more bland.

Comment

She definitely feels... I dunno, a continuation of the Suicide Squad appearance for sure but visually toned down. Makes sense in terms of giving her a less sexualised appearance but also doesn't really scream Harley Quinn either.

Comment

With filming underway on James Gunn’s DC Comics adaptation “The Suicide Squad,” the first set photos from the Atlanta shoot have gone online and showcase some of the characters in their costumes. In doing so, the shots confirm a recent report about which characters some of the new actors to the franchise are playing. All […]

Some set pics from Suicide Squad II

Comment

Looks like The Tick.

Comment

Actor and producer Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has been set to play the DC Comics antihero Black Adam since 2007 and while the project has come close to starting before, its status has remained stuck in development for over a decade now. That appears to have changed as Johnson took to social media today to […]

Black Adam will start filming July 2020, it remains to be seen if this will connect at all to Shazam or leave it till a later film.

Comment

“Wonder Woman” filmmaker Patty Jenkins appears to have solved one lingering question about the upcoming sequel to that celebrated 2017 DC comics adaptation – the identity of actor Pedro Pascal’s character. We’ve known from early on Gal Gadot would return as Diana, Chris Pine is back as Steve Trevor (though how is unclear), Kristen Wiig […]

Pedro Pascal will be playing Maxwell Lord in Wonder Woman 1984

Comment

Microsoft has teamed up with Warner Bros. to store a copy of the 1978 movie “Superman” on a small glass disc about the size of a coaster.

Microsoft have teamed up with Warner Bros and will reveal that the original Superman movie has been stored on a new disc format made from glass. This is also being used as a test for the storage medium which provides the advantage of being able to store data securely for thousands of years. The purpose of the disc is to help with the archiving of data that does not need to be accessed on a regular basis and therefore can be stored on a hard copy that is safe from corrosion. The format is of no use for gaming etc but will allow current filmed video to be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            safe from corrosion.
                            But not from shattering?

Comment

Black Adam is now announced to release 22 December 2021. Personally, I'm now expecting that Shazam 2 will follow closely.

Comment

Actor Patrick Wilson has popped up a couple of times lately, firstly in Netflix’s horror film “In the Tall Grass” last month and the other week in Roland Emmerich’s WW2 film “Midway”. Out doing press with Heat Vision, the actor spoke about three major sequels he’s expected to be a part of. First up, he […]

Patrick Wilson confirms he'll return as Ocean Master in Aquaman 2

Comment

Working...
                                X