The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I can see why; I think she's a real stand-out. Though we'll have to see if the character has legs to head up a feature.
    I feel like there are leg puns here but I’m missing the reference. Isn’t Nova a dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      I feel like there are leg puns here but I’m missing the reference. Isn’t Nova a dude?
      Hah! Totally my screw-up there. I was thinking of Nebula.

Comment

Comment

That's interesting given they have just added the Netflix shows, which from what I've seen are way more violent. I wonder what prompted this.

Comment

Year the Netflix shows are brutal at times, could it be an edit for a specific country and thats it for all regions on the Winter soldier?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Year the Netflix shows are brutal at times, could it be an edit for a specific country and thats it for all regions on the Winter soldier?
              It's probably this, and related to how those other shows are sort-of-MCU-sort-of-not. Maybe Disney wants all the "prime" MCU material to be under a certain bar of suitability.

Comment

A regional edit makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Two of the biggest early Summer blockbusters this year have just revealed atypical runtimes for their respective franchise. Fandango reports that Sam Raimi’s “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” will be coming in as the shortest Phase 4 film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – clocking in at just 126 minutes. The last Marvel […]

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is the shortest Phase 4 film to date clocking in at 2hr 6min

Comment

Comment

Tickets for Marvel Studios’ “Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness” are now on sale and tied to that are some new posters, a new clip, and some interview sound bites from the film’s beloved director Sam Raimi. Speaking with Fandango, the “Evil Dead” and “Drag Me to Hell” filmmaker confirmed comments by Marvel’s Kevin […]

Sam Raimi says he hopes to direct another Marvel film in future and he's also very much open to the idea of one day, should Marvel/Sony want it, making Spider-Man 4

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Sam Raimi says he hopes to direct another Marvel film in future and he's also very much open to the idea of one day, should Marvel/Sony want it, making Spider-Man 4
                        Reportedly, this came from an exchange with a deranged fan in which Raimi would say anything to get the fan in question to leave his garden and stop babbling about Tobey Maguire. The fan, known as Neon Ignition online, refused to comment but did share an amusing gif of Maguire dancing from Spider-Man 3.

Comment

Finally gonna get to watch No Way Home today, as I ordered the Blu-Ray off Amazon.

Comment

How dare you!

Comment

Okay so No Way Home. I think the film is absolutely fantastic. But when I saw it I felt there was one total movie-breaking flaw in the story. Not that it mattered a damn to my enjoyment. I still loved it. But what has struck me since is that, in a world where people love to pick holes in movies, I haven’t seen much talk of this… which makes me wonder if I have it wrong.

So big, big, big spoilers here because it involves the setup but also the outcome at the end. Be warned.

It is made very clear at the start that Dr Strange can’t turn back time for Peter. He can’t actually undo anything. What he can do is make people forget that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Now the flaw in the movie should be instantly apparent then and there. Spider-Man is all over the news, his identity is all over the news. It’s in broadcasts, newspapers, all over the internet. It’s everywhere. The events are not undone. Time has not been turned back. Everything that happened happened. Those broadcasts aren’t wiped from existence somehow. So if everyone suddenly forgets that Peter Parker is Spider-Man, about 30 seconds later they all know who he is all over again. But maybe it’s fudged and they won’t even understand those events or won’t know who Spider-Man is because of this spell?

But at the end, we actually see this play out and Happy knows he met May through Spider-Man. The news broadcasts talk about what happened with Spider-Man. So it’s clear the events all played out exactly as is. Indeed nothing has been undone. They have just forgotten the connection between Peter and Spider-Man… which should have lasted about as long as it took to glance up at one of those screens running the broadcasts or look at the headlines on the internet.

Have I missed something here? Did they get around this somehow?

Comment

No you didn’t miss anything. You’re completely right. I find this with literally every tv show and movie and I honestly believe that if I was in charge I would be able to do it without plot holes such as this. Having never done it I’m sure there’s some huge problem I’m not aware of; there must be otherwise it just means the writers are bone idle.

Comment

Working...
                                X