The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    Interesting. Could be a good thing. There’s enough new characters being introduced in ‘The Multiverse Saga’ already. X-Men would be a great way to kick off Phase 7.
    They would except Secret Wars is Phase 6 and it would seem like Secret Wars needs the X-Men.

I mean, I know no story needs anyone in particular. I guess I just associate the X-Men with that story more than anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      They would except Secret Wars is Phase 6 and it would seem like Secret Wars needs the X-Men.

I mean, I know no story needs anyone in particular. I guess I just associate the X-Men with that story more than anyone.
      Of course! I’ve even read the damn thing ha ha. It’s the last noted entry of 2025 and Phase 6, so they could be introduced in that one?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        Of course! I’ve even read the damn thing ha ha. It’s the last noted entry of 2025 and Phase 6, so they could be introduced in that one?
        Possibly. It would be pretty cool.

Comment

I hope they are quite faithful to the Secret wars story. Its pretty nuts and really good.

Comment

The Shang Chi director has been handed the Avengers Kang Dynasty gig. Should mean the fighting scenes are in good hands.

Comment

The Kang Dynasty?

So they're building towards the next major threat being the villain from the end of Loki?

Gah, I really didn't think much of that character; I don't remember them all that much, but I do remember not liking them. I assume there's a lot of development to do.

Comment

I didn’t like him much either, but supposedly he was one version of the Kang character, called He Who Remains, who ended a Multiversal war that involved his own variants.

I’m presuming that the one in our universe will be a right bastard.

Comment

Given the planning involved I can't imagine the X-Men were ever really on the cards pre-2025 and after the stink-fest of the latter films Fox made it probably needed a rest. Bringing in the X-Men will be big but only really if some recognisable faces make the transition. Otherwise I'm happy for a fresh start post-Secret Wars.

Don't Expect Egerton As X-Men's Cyclops - Dark Horizons
                  Egerton continues to spill the beans saying he shut down talk of playing Cyclops with Marvel because he didn't like the idea of playing a character whose eyes were covered all the time

Comment

Can’t remember who referenced the importance of Quantumania - it might have been you, Neon - but I now accept that the fidelity/hook of the entire three phase saga is going to depend on Ant-Man’s new film. From what I’ve read, that’s the lynchpin that gets everything else moving with greater cohesion. I’ve tried to watch that atrocious bootleg trailer doing the rounds, which was a complete waste of time, but those with more patience than I have suggested a darker tone than the other two films.
                    Last edited by prinnysquad; 27-07-2022, 10:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I know you’re literally the only person on the planet who feels that way about Black Panther.
                      I thought it was total garbage. The worst marvel film since the MCU began!

Comment

Mods, ban this man, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          I thought it was total garbage. The worst marvel film since the MCU began!
                          Temp ban at least for that. Or at the very very least go to a corner and think about what you just said.

Comment

Wakanda Forever will be an interesting one to watch in terms of how it lands. The original's success disproportionately due to the US in comparison to other MCU movies. It was a success by any metric but typically MCU movies lean to being internationally led whereas BP really hit hard in the states meaning that if that one country groundswell was to temper to normal levels you're looking at something closer to perhaps Ragnarok levels of a hit? BP also benefitted from the pre-Infinity War/Endgame hype which Captain Marvel presumably did too as that film is just kinda... there. We're in Phase 4 quiet in a way so WF has to recall that hype alone, part of what makes the Movie Bingo thread fun

Comment

After setting the stage at Comic-Con, the studio is lining up helmers and years' worth of storylines that will conclude with a familiar one-two punch of 'Avengers' movies.

Fantastic Four won't be an origin story film

Comment

"Spider-Man: Freshman Year" In MCU... Sort Of - Dark Horizons
                                Spider-Man: Freshman Year will be canon but it's a multiverse story now

Comment

Working...
                                X