• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Spidey was just ok
    Shang Chi just ok

Black Widow was poor
    Dr Strange was meh

Eternals was like a glass of water in the face.

As for the Marvel series... Meh.
    Totally agree bar dr strange, which I really liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Totally agree bar dr strange, which I really liked.
      I liked the 2nd half of Strange. Once some horror elements krept in. But overall its not great.

Comment

To be honest, I feel this phase has been pretty consistent with what came before. The difference with this current phase is that it's relentless in delivery because we now have the various series muddying the experience. We also don't have the event Avengers hype attached too. Phase 3 was really mixed but having Infinity War and Endgame being the build up and pay off did a lot to maintain a sense of buzz through some of those films that aren't really any better.

Comment

"Batgirl" Duo Tease "Ms. Marvel" Renewal? - Dark Horizons
          The directors of Ms Marvel and Batgirl have hinted that Ms Marvel: Season 02 may be on the cards

Comment

She Hulk

Terrible. Oh my god. Is this really what we are willing to accept as good now?!
            She has no identity crisis, no stress, no problem she doesn't overcome in seconds because why? A female I guess?
            Hulk had to develop over a series of movies and struggle to overcome his bad side. He demonstrates in the first episode a 'multi year' program and mindfulness techniques to calm his mind.
            She just goes from zero to fully fledged Hulk in a single episode. She doesn't cry, she doesn't struggle, she doesn't even call her work to tell them where she is. Just blam, there she is.
            Lazy writing.

Comment

Watching She-Hulk tonight, and got 3 episodes in.

I'm honestly not sure why it merited such fervour and such vitriol, when it's clearly just a bit of light entertainment. I don't think all the jokes land, but some of them did.

One of my biggest problems with some of the Marvel movies is how they were become a little formulaic; this seems to break out of that formula and is trying something different. Even the twerking bit didn't faze me, because they established each episode ends with a "sting", like a little comedy bit.

The visuals of the actual She-Hulk herself, fine, they're hit and miss. Some shots are fine, some are a bit ropey. But then the CGI in the MCU movies isn't totally consistent either; remember Banner's head in the Hulkbuster suit in Infinity War?

I also get why some people are expressing surprise that she kinda emerges "right out of the box" as in-control of her abilities, but was there any point in retreading the Hulk's story?

Unless it totally nosedives, I don't think it's amazing, don't think it's terrible. Like I said before, it's light entertainment. Bit of daft fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                I also get why some people are expressing surprise that she kinda emerges "right out of the box" as in-control of her abilities
                I don’t get this. They were never the same character and they never worked the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I don’t get this. They were never the same character and they never worked the same way.
                  I just meant in the sense that Hulk did that, and don't know anything about the character. Given how the MCU has felt previously (don't care about examples; it's just the vibe I have) it seemed quick. But at the same time, I didn't mind it, because "a slow struggle to come to terms with her powers" isn't what the show is about.

I kinda feel that the people complaining about this are the same people who are still complaining about the Edward Norton recasting; like I understand their perspective but I don't share it, and don't understand why it's such a big deal to them.

I guess what I'm saying is that some people probably expected her story beats to parallel the Hulk more than they did. Again; I don't really understand why they wanted that or are annoyed they didn't get that. I get it. I just don't share that PoV.
                  Last edited by Asura; 23-09-2022, 20:52.

Comment

My Complaint isn't that her journey should mirror his. Just that there should have been some character development in the fact that she's just found out that she has these powers and basically shrugs them off, achieves everything Bruce throws at her, and then leaves.
                    It established her as complete package that will suffer little challenge or character growth. She already has nowhere to go.
                    It doesn't needs to be a dark existential crisis, but at least give her some humanity.

Comment

There is a distinct lack of arc about it which has been fine in the sense of the show having its own feel from the other shows but if it weren't for the casting of Tatiana it could easily have come across a hundred times more disposable, she is doing all the heavy lifting to the point where other characters fixation on She-Hulk is a bit annoying because Jennifer is the better character incarnation

Comment

I’ve enjoyed she hulk right up to the last episode but now it’s “thing” is wearing thin to be honest. I’m only carrying on because the episodes are so short that it’s very little investment

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          I’ve enjoyed she hulk right up to the last episode but now it’s “thing” is wearing thin to be honest. I’m only carrying on because the episodes are so short that it’s very little investment
                          I haven’t seen the recent episode but the rest of what you say is right and, for me, is a huge positive. It’s such an easy show. It’s not a show where I care a damn about an arc. Where I need to know if it’s leading to an Infinity War. Or any of that. It’s entertaining me for 25 minutes and, when it does, that’s job done.

So far, it’s actually managing to do that more than any of the other Marvel shows. Loki is probably the only one I thought was pretty consistently good.

Comment

"Werewolf By Night" Is Set In The MCU - Dark Horizons
                            Confirmation that the halloween special for Disney+ is canon

Comment

I finally managed to watch Avengers End Game ; to be honest it was a bit of a slog, SFX were amazing, liked fat Thor. Apart from that I wasn't too fussed.

Comment

06 September 2024

Ryan Reynolds returns in...

DEADPOOL 3

Co-starring....

Comment

Working...
                                X