Clear All

Comment

Blade has been slightly moved up to release 06 September 2024

Comment

Quick News: Venom 3, South, Regal, Little, Apple - Dark Horizons
        Venom 3 is set to film this summer making a 2024 release likely

Comment

Bear's Edebiri Joins Marvel's "Thunderbolts" - Dark Horizons
          Ayo Edebiri from the new show Bear has joined the cast of Thunderbolts

And Phase 4 has led to some quarters of the MCU fandom questioning the continued sustainability of the film series citing a decline in quality and stakes since Endgame. Fear not though, the MCU's success level looks secure as...

Tobey Maguire: I'd Do More Spider-Man - Dark Horizons
          Last edited by Neon Ignition; 27-01-2023, 07:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            And Phase 4 has led to some quarters of the MCU fandom questioning the continued sustainability of the film series citing a decline in quality and stakes since Endgame.
            The ball isn't rolling yet. We've had a few little bits here-and-there, like the post-credit scene of Shang-Chi (I haven't seen Wakanda Forever or Quantumania yet).

My worry though is that I think they're building towards Kang? In my case I don't know anything about that character, and his appearance in Loki felt like a real mis-step. I know it's that he was one parallel universe variant but it was the actor/character's first introduction and I felt it came off poorly.

Comment

I imagine Quantumania will be a good indicator of how their plans are going. With the previous two Ant-Man films being amongst the lowest performing in the MCU it should be noticeable if the shift in focus to the grander plot and scale and direction has any pull. I'm assuming too that the initial appearance in Loki will pretty much be redundant as they'll have to approach the film under the impression the audience hasn't seen Loki

Comment

Marvel's Ant-Man Gets A Real Memoir - Dark Horizons
                The first MCU book is on the way in September as Scott Lang gets his own meta memoir book

Comment

I watched Wakanda Forever last night. A bit of a mixed bag and I suspect could have been a far better film had it been an hour shorter and cut out or reduced some characters. I found the first half messy and Basset’s character struggled to hold me. And then the whole Ironheart thing reminded me of Iron Man 2 in that it felt like setup that didn’t really belong in this movie at all. In spite of the real life actor, Shuri was way more interesting to me but there were so many distractions around her character. So overall, I found it patchy with too much in it, making it weaker rather than stronger.

Comment

Remember the Marvel reshuffle that saw Marvel TV axed?

It was a result of action Iger took to save Feige from being fired by Isaac Perlmutter who effectively wanted to steal control as soon as the studio was paying off

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I watched Wakanda Forever last night. A bit of a mixed bag and I suspect could have been a far better film had it been an hour shorter and cut out or reduced some characters. I found the first half messy and Basset’s character struggled to hold me. And then the whole Ironheart thing reminded me of Iron Man 2 in that it felt like setup that didn’t really belong in this movie at all. In spite of the real life actor, Shuri was way more interesting to me but there were so many distractions around her character. So overall, I found it patchy with too much in it, making it weaker rather than stronger.
                      I needed someone to explain how the Ironheart character was rich; I think it's because the movie introduced her as a university student, so the jump to her having the workshop in which to build Stark technology was a bit jarring.

Like it didn't need to be a big thing. People can just be rich, and you can just say that. Batman never really dwells on where Bruce got his money; but he's an heir to a mansion so it follows he'd be wealthy. But unless I missed some sort of reference to that teenage girl inheriting wealth, or running an online business or something seeing her fabulous workshop with that amazing car and all the rest of it seemed a bit weird.

People might say that was part of the movie, because she made that Vibranium Detector; but she seemed surprised that had come back to her so it's not like she was running Vibranex Ltd., Vibranium Detectors.
                      Last edited by Asura; 10-02-2023, 09:01.

Comment

Ironheart was incredibly badly handled in WF, the series will need to do a lot of heavy lifting which is also a problem in itself as the film should be doing that in the first place for those who don't watch D+. Honest Trailer made a good parallel to America in Dr Strange, the films aren't doing a good job of introducing memorable new characters in the last few.

Comment

Lilly Hopes For A Marvel "Wasp" Spin-Off - Dark Horizons
                          Only if you tone your twitter down

Comment

Comment

Nebula looks really weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Nebula looks really weird.
                                Does she? Looked same as normal to me. Which is, admittedly, quite weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X