The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Bonus mega-points for using "Since You've Been Gone"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Nebula looks really weird.
      Yeah gonna second this. She looks really different.

Comment

I had to so some back and forth with the trailer for Vol.2 but she's lost her augmentations around her left eye

Comment

Marvel Offers Multiple Phase 5 Updates - Dark Horizons
          Feige suggests that they will be slowing down the release of Disney+ series in the MCU as well as reducing the number of new shows

Also, that writing is starting on Spider-Man: Homecoming 4

Comment

Marvel Offers Multiple Phase 5 Updates - Dark Horizons
            Feige suggests that they will be slowing down the release of Disney+ series in the MCU as well as reducing the number of new shows

Also, that writing is starting on Spider-Man: Homecoming 4
            This is a good thing. 90% of the marvel shows were ****e. Plus Disney said they are cutting $3b off the budget. A bit more care needs to be taken rather than the shotgun approach they have right now.

Comment

I know it has its ardent fans but I feel fairly confident atm that the Daredevil series will be way too stretched for the number of eps they've commissioned.

Comment

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
                Reviews have often been fairly scathing of this entry and whilst I'd say I agree with their issues with it, I do feel they went a bit OTT on how badly it affects the film. This entry jettisons everything from the prior two focusing purely on the core five member Pym family circle and the villain Kang. The first hurdle it has is that Guardians and the MCU has already set up that space is a weird, colourful place of oddities rather than a black void. This leaves the Quantum Realm with little room to develop meaning that its endless possibilities through shrinking and scale result in stuff that is no different in form or function than the space stuff. By expanding the focus to the family it means the spotlight is less on Scott and this hurts the film somewhat. Hank is just kind of there, Janet is part of the plot more so but largely just there to serve exposition, Hope remains a bland non-entity and that leaves Cassie who, to be honest, does the job but in the same way other recent new additions like America and Riri do whereby they add little to proceedings. It's very much a Kang show and that's where the film is at its best, Majors is exactly as has been said, he makes the character feel threatening whilst the film does sell the scale of impact he will have as the coming phases continue. It's not one of the better films but its fairly pacey moving without resorting to hard on the nose joking like Thor: Love and Thunder did so it's just kind of there and a fairly wonky place to launch Phase 5 from.

There are two post credits scenes.

Post Credits 2 Spoiler

As always, purely a personal irk, but I remain completely unconvinced by the series being connected to the films. The second post credits teases Loki: Season 02 in the slightest of ways but viewers of Season 01 will find no revelations in it whilst those who haven't seen it will neither be pointed to the show and Disney+ or have any of the questions about the setting, other character of context of Loki existing in the way he does ever followed up on in a future film as is the norm for these things. As much as the series expand on some characters, I prefer a clean line between the two rather than at all directly reference or mesh elements from shows that might get pulled from existence one day because streaming services can't be trusted to keep content and refuse to physically release it all either.

Comment

Delayed to 10 November 2023

Comment

Been to see Quantumania.

A 48%, certified ROTTEN film. With a 1 star review in The Times.

The reviews are a load of old toss! It’s not anything special, but the flaws have been blown way out of proportion and have unfairly crippled what’s a decent enough entry. I found it to be an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours. Rudd was great, Douglas and Pfeiffer likewise, and the lass who plays the daughter was alright. Majors is excellent as Kang, able to flit between different emotional states and levels of menace very effectively. And I didn’t like the portrayal in Loki, so it’s a relief that I found him so watchable.

I’ve heard a load of nonsense about the overload of special effects and the like. It’s set in the Quantum Realm. What does one expect?! The only visual vibe that grated for me was a distinctly Star Wars one during a particular sequence.

It’s a 6-7 out of 10 film for me. Mid-range Marvel, with an emphasis on set up and context building. A lot of the negative reviews are hysterically disproportionate and betray some very serious and obvious axe-grinding from some critics who are viewing things through a very tainted prism.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      Been to see Quantumania.

A 48%, certified ROTTEN film. With a 1 star review in The Times.

The reviews are a load of old toss! It’s not anything special, but the flaws have been blown way out of proportion and have unfairly crippled what’s a decent enough entry. I found it to be an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours. Rudd was great, Douglas and Pfeiffer likewise, and the lass who plays the daughter was alright. Majors is excellent as Kang, able to flit between different emotional states and levels of menace very effectively. And I didn’t like the portrayal in Loki, so it’s a relief that I found him so watchable.

I’ve heard a load of nonsense about the overload of special effects and the like. It’s set in the Quantum Realm. What does one expect?! The only visual vibe that grated for me was a distinctly Star Wars one during a particular sequence.

It’s a 6-7 out of 10 film for me. Mid-range Marvel, with an emphasis on set up and context building. A lot of the negative reviews are hysterically disproportionate and betray some very serious and obvious axe-grinding from some critics who are viewing things through a very tainted prism.
                      If you can, do. If your a failed writer, then critique in a newspaper.

Comment

This has a very sad, very final feel to it, i know thats really the point but it feels like the end of an era.

Comment

I hope it’s a fitting send off.

Sorry to continue the Rotten Tomatoes rant, but I really can’t work that site out.

The way it categorises reviews is all muddled up. It’s can’t rely on the scores, because apparently 6/10 = rotten. And 2.5/4 = rotten. Yet 3/5 = fresh. Although C+ is rotten. However, by its own rules, if 60% of reviews are ‘fresh’ then the film is ‘fresh’. 60% is the same as 6/10. Which is apparently rotten when its a review. 2.4/4 is 62.5%, which is also apparently rotten.

It can’t rely on words, because some ‘fresh’ reviews are very negative, and some ‘rotten’ reviews aren’t overly negative.

It’s an absolute mess of a system and a farce of a site.

Comment

So we we have to watch Ms Marvel, then?

I haven't watched it as I heard it was imitating the Disney Channel show vibe, and pitched at kids.

Comment

It's light but not Disney Kids styled. I have a feeling that it will be unessential to the film

Comment

Went and saw Quantimania this morning with my son.

I really enjoyed it and so did he.

It was much better than Love & Thunder and Wakanda Forever. Possibly because, even though the focus isn't on him, Scott is a solid main character.

Thor has gotten too silly and,.well, there's barely any Black Panther in Wakanda Forever.

Yes there's loads of CGI. I didn't think it looked bad. Some great perfoances, good laughs and an interesting bad guy - I've not watched Loki so didn't know what to expect.

Decent. Come at me, bro.

Comment

Working...
                                X