No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] - Same. I talked an awful lot of rubbish when I was a teen and even my early twenties and I have changed a lot as a person. I'm so glad most of it vanished into the air rather than being published on the internet. It's a very different world now and media literacy for kids is so important as a result.

Edit: just as a reminder of the context of this, Gunn was in his 40s rather than 14 when he made his tweets.

Comment

As long as you post any insane misguided ramblings exclusively on Bordersdown, you’re guaranteed a free purge every few years during the next techno-disaster, anyway.

Gunn was a tosspot and acknowledged that. He seems to have put that incendiary, attention-seeking side of his personality to bed. I don’t think it’s in doubt that he was an absolute anus.
      Last edited by prinnysquad; 09-08-2018, 10:04.

Comment

Oh man, cruel!

Comment

Seems like we should get a final word soon on whether Disney is 100% committed to the firing of James Gunn as word emerges that Marvel want the decision overturned and are in discussions with Disney to try and get Gunn back onboard.

Comment

Sony will quickly segue from "Venom" into a series of films featuring heroes and villains who populate the Spider-Man universe.

We finally get an update it seems on Sony's plans for their strand of movies. If true

-Venom will receive sequels
            -Venom will not include Spider-Man at all
            -Sony are moving closer to shelving Silver & Black but are developing separate Silver Sable and Black Cat movies
            -Sony are also developing a movie based on Jackpot
            -Venom will remain PG-13 rated and will by the sounds of things not tie in at all with the MCU events
            -The Sony movies being made outside Spider-Man are being referred to by Sony as being their own universe of films (the SMCU effectively) however as yet they are not putting anything in that severs the tie to Holland's Parker and the MCU movies, leaving the door open in case the films fit well later on given the usual tone of MCU movies

In effect it seems like the Sony made movies are canon with the MCU but are for now distant in the same way the MCU TV series are. It'll very much rest on their eventual attempts to segway Spider-Man into the frame.

Comment

I think that's a good way to do it. Getting the tone similar to the MCU but also keeping it at arms length. I really hope venom is good and eventually we do see a spiderman vs Venom film.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                https://deadline.com/2018/08/james-g...pt-1202443199/

Seems like we should get a final word soon on whether Disney is 100% committed to the firing of James Gunn as word emerges that Marvel want the decision overturned and are in discussions with Disney to try and get Gunn back onboard.

I do hope that this is true. If so its good to see that Marvel is getting Gunn's back and not just going 'well that's him done, where the next director?'

I think they understand that Gunn's style of directing on top of good performances (and a fair dose of CGI) are what give the Guardians films their current (successful) flavour.
                Last edited by Paddy; 10-08-2018, 13:51.

Comment

SF will love this - Sony’s Marvel universe has its own name: Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters. Yep. So SUOMC is it and I expect this to be adhered to in spite of the lack of CU.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    SF will love this - Sony’s Marvel universe has its own name: Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters. Yep. So SUOMC is it and I expect this to be adhered to in spite of the lack of CU.
                    Jesus Christ. Surely at this stage it would be better for Marvel Disney to break contract and force the return of the characters and rights. What an absolute mess.

Comment

The way they talk about the plans for it, it couldn't currently seem any more like they're desperate to connect it directly with the MCU. At the moment they're like a small kid trying desperately to win Dad's approval.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        The way they talk about the plans for it, it couldn't currently seem any more like they're desperate to connect it directly with the MCU. At the moment they're like a small kid trying desperately to win Dad's approval.
                        If it were a child Sony pictures would be the 20 year old still trying to colour in the lines. I’ll get in the lines next time dad I promise I will, sure you will son, sure you will.

Comment

I love how emboldened they are by the success of Spider-Man: Homecoming, the only entry they've done so far and one Marvel handheld them through

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Jesus Christ. Surely at this stage it would be better for Marvel Disney to break contract and force the return of the characters and rights. What an absolute mess.
                            They can't; Sony still have Marvel by the balls on that one. Any amount that Sony would consider would be more than it's worth Disney paying, even with all their money.

Comment

And would the characters be worth it? As it was, I don’t think Marvel needed Spider-Man. Yeah it’s fantastic that they got him in and did it so well but they were doing just fine without him. They definitely don’t need Electro or whoever else Sony might have. It’s a nice to have but not worth billions thing.

Comment

The original deal was said to be for a couple of movies which I think will end with Spider-Man Homecoming 3. After that Marvel doesn't seem to have much planned, it's more Sony who's keen to keep Holland going which is how all those Sony Universe films will likely end up being distant canon regardless of what Marvel says.

Comment

Working...
                                X