No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few weeks ago a report cropped up indicating “Kubo and the Two Strings” and “Bumblebee” director Travis Knight had become the top choice to replace the ousted James Gunn on the third “Guardians of the Galaxy” film at Marvel Studios and Disney Pictures. Questions still linger as to whether Gunn’s script will still be […]

The director of Kubo and Bumblebee has shot down rumours he's lined up for Guardians Vol.3

Several outlets are reporting that we may not be getting the first “Avengers 4” trailer this week because Marvel Studios will be unveiling something else – the first trailer for “Spider-Man: Far From Home”. Specifically said trailer is tipped to debut on Saturday, December 8th, during the Sony Pictures panel at Comic-Con Experience in San […]

Rumours had also been swirling about the trailer launch for Avengers 4 but it now looks like this weekend will see the trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home launch instead which will somewhat further undermine A4's rollout considering how A3 ended.

Comment

Avengers: Infinity War A new tie-in comic for “Avengers: Infinity War” has seemingly revealed that ‘The Decimation’ will be the official designation within the MCU canon for the disappearance of half the universe’s population at the end of the film, as opposed to ‘The Snap’ or ‘The Snappening’ which are used in fan discussions to […]

A tie-in comic to Avengers: Infinity War that takes place after the films events has revealed that the characters refer to the 'deaths' of half the population as The Decimation and that the Avengers have kept the cause from the public meaning the wider world doesn't know what happened ala The Leftovers

Comment

Trailer for the next Avengers. It looks exactly as you would expect it to. That's not a bad thing.

Comment

So after all that Endgame is the title and by the looks the plot is going to be exactly as was rumoured. Guess this was to try and pre-empt the Spider-Man trailer too

Comment

Aw hell yes!!

Comment

So what was the point of the post credit sting after Ant Man and The Wasp?

Comment

Possible answer in the, high alert warning, spoilered section:

Scott was lost in the Quantum Realm, it's being presumed that a year or so after Infinity War he finds a way back and guides the others back in time to try and undo Thanos' victory, they'll link in the 90's era Captain Marvel this way also

Comment

Looks great.

Trouble is with something like this, is that someone somewhere in the world has suggested all reasonably possible titles already. They’ve dissected IW so intensely, and theorised so intensively, that the name of the film and the way it pans out will have been worked out ages before its release. This doesn’t make it predictable or feeble. It’s just been thoroughly nerded by dweebs.

The ‘I told you so’ brigade are tedious. Theorising can be fun, but there’s only a certain amount of outcomes that can derive from the context and clues established already.

Comment

I'm continuing the trend of not watching the trailers for the Avengers films so I can go into the film fresh (or at least as fresh as someone who watched Infinity War can be). The Russos were good with putting red herrings in Infinity War's trailer so maybe it'll pan out differently to what those who've watched the trailer expect to see anyway.

I know I'll be there come late April next year. Will probably watch Infinity War the day before so it can flow into this one and feel like the most epic double-bill Marvel movie experience ever.

I wish they'd have picked a better subtitle though. It doesn't have the same pedigree as Age of Ultron or Infinity War.
                    Last edited by Paddy; 09-12-2018, 18:47.

Comment

I'm hoping that one of my local cinemas (we've got a Vue & an Odeon) do a double header.

Or the Showcase in Southampton so my best mate can get the tickets as my birthday present as he has done for other Marvel films which have released at the back end of April in previous years.

Comment

Endgame would work better if it were remotely near being the last one. Hard to say why but it just sounds like something they'd subtitle a tie in book or game rather than what it is.

Comment

Though it has screened at Comic-Con Experience Brazil, the first trailer for “Spider-Man: Far From Home” has not yet gone online and may have been delayed – but more details about it are available. First up, Trailer Track reports both a domestic and international version of the trailer will be released, and in recent times […]

Generally expected to have been delayed by Marvel so as not to have utterly undermined Avengers: Endgame's reveal, details of the trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home are reported to be out including a Happy Hogan & Aunt May fling and that the trailer doesn't acknowledge the events of the two Avengers Thanos movies.

Comment

Scott Derrickson has reportedly quietly finalized a deal to direct a sequel to 2016’s “Doctor Strange” for Marvel Studios. Derrickson directed and co-wrote the first film and now search for a writer to pen the script is about to get underway, no word if co-writer and Derrickson’s go-to scribe C. Robert Cargill will also return […]

The director of the first film has reportedly been signed to return to helm Doctor Strange 2. The film is said to be aiming for a 2021 release

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              http://www.darkhorizons.com/derricks...trange-sequel/

The director of the first film has reportedly been signed to return to helm Doctor Strange 2. The film is said to be aiming for a 2021 release
                              Checking on Google and the first one came out in late 2016. I'm surprised Marvel is waiting this long for the sequel (I'd have thought they'd have it ready to roll off the conveyor belt in late 2019). Good to hear its happening though.

Comment

From past updates it sounds like the film did fine but not so stellar to warrant being prioritised over other MCU entries, when Guardians 3 got booted off the schedule it seems to have sped Strange 2 up

A new story in Variety has gone into the details of the recently canceled Marvel Television series on Netflix and confirmed what we’ve suspected – don’t expect them on Disney+ anytime soon. Reportedly the deal for the original four Marvel shows includes a clause that prevents the characters from appearing in any non-Netflix series or […]

New update confirming what was suspected for the Netflix series. Netflix had a clause that meant none of the actors or characters can appear in any other series or film for at least 2 years after Netflix shuts them down.

Comment

Working...
                                X