Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good as Winter Soldier was I'd have loved more WWII era Cap movies

Comment

No-one still seems to be quite sure just how much or little the upcoming “Venom” movie will tie back to Sony’s revived “Spider-Man” franchise and in doing so becoming a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. All indications before now seemed to be that the currently filming R-rated “Venom,” starring Tom Hardy and Michelle Williams, […]

Documentary maker Jon Schnepp, the guy responsible for The Death of Superman Lives, says that despite what is going around Tom Holland will appear in Venom and therefore the spin-off is an MCU entry.

Comment

It all starts with a spilled beer. With this new clip from Freeform‘s upcoming Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger series – set for a June 7 premiere – newcomers to the teenage superhero saga can see the very beginning of the adventure. To sum up: Girl spills drink on boy, girl steals boy’s wallet, boy chases […]

The Cloak and Dagger series will start on 07 June

Comment

Marvel’s solo “Black Widow” movie may be long overdue, but that wait looks like it could result in a rich reward for actress Scarlett Johansson with Britain’s The Daily Mail saying her paycheck for the film will make her the highest-paid actress in Hollywood. The report indicates that Johansson is looking at a $25 million […]

Apparently Johansson might get $31m out of making Black Widow. Fair enough for her to get so much considering the pay of her co-stars and time in the role but the spiel oversells her appeal I think though.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Apparently Johansson might get $31m out of making Black Widow. Fair enough for her to get so much considering the pay of her co-stars and time in the role but the spiel oversells her appeal I think though.
            I'm not sure if Ghost in the Shell has tarnished her career somewhat.

Comment

I think even if it had been a similar film from more original source material it would have still faltered but in terms of her own appeal in leading a film, I feel like it's nice she seems to enjoy making genre films but I've never sensed the public particularly cares about her to the extent studios sometimes think she does.

Her biggest hit was Lucy and even then it just did okay, the low budget was as much of a contributor. I think Widow is a little like Hawkeye, fine in context of the films they're supporting in but not ones audiences are currently that engaged with. Black Widow may be a huge hit but I'd easily imagine it'd have much more to do with Marvel's Hit Making Factory than anything else. She should get the $$ for leading the film, I just can believe it's existence will have more to do with Gal Gadot than it does Johansson

Comment

I can already envisage Black Widow performing the over the top hurricanranas and bland fight scenes. I don't think they have handled her very well at all.

Comment

I think she has no less draw than the majority of the Marvel headliners and has performed really well in the role. My thing with a Black Widow movie might seem a little shallow but it's a thing I think is core to most (all?) of the Marvel movies and their structure and appeal - she has no gimmick. She's got no powers and no tricks. Even Hawkeye has a bow. So I think she's probably a tougher sell in that regard. However, I fully expect her to be bundled with one or two other heroes, probably Hawkeye and then one with more obvious powers like Hulk.

Comment

In the same way Rogue One expanded on "Many Ian Bothams died to get us this information." and Enter The Matrix elaborated on the other teams working together to complete Morpheus' plan, I'd quite enjoy a low-key story where Black Widow infiltrates some base or organisation to extract something that fits into a later Avengers film.
                    "Here's the McGuffin we need that Widow got from Panama."
                    You can cope without knowing the whole story, but helps expands the whole universe.

The World War Hulk series got a little silly with just how many spin-off there were, but some of them helped flesh out the story beyond the main comics. One of which saw Hardball stealing a formula with nannites that inhibits superhuman abilities.
                    Naturally, when Stark confronted Hulk in his Hulkbuster armour and fired the formula at him, it was the fake one Hardball had swapped out and the Hulk was unaffected. It was a nice payoff if you'd read around the main story arc.

Comment

First images of Larson on set as Captain Marvel in Avengers 4

Comment

With the exception of a few seconds of footage, we’ve yet to see anything much from the upcoming “Deadpool” sequel aside from some fun viral marketing. Now a new report at Collider indicates we’ll finally see some real footage from the film starting on February 16th with a new trailer attached to copies of “Marvel’s […]

The trailer for Deadpool 2 looks set to release on Valentine's Day

Comment

That looks very Singer X-Men. Was hoping for the colour. Captain Marvel has a great costume.

Comment

There's some speculation that it's an interim costume until the end of the film or until her solo entry, it's not a great one in any case. I've not been as fond of the recent costume designs across the board to be honest. Black Panthers costume looks good but most seemed to be getting weaker.

Comment

Following the purple carpet world premiere for “Black Panther,” it looks as though the teaser trailer for Peyton Reed’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp” could arrive online tomorrow. A video has gone online from the premiere with the announcement being done in a clever way via a social media broadcast. Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly return […]

The trailer for Ant-Man and the Wasp should be online within the day

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                There's some speculation that it's an interim costume until the end of the film or until her solo entry, it's not a great one in any case. I've not been as fond of the recent costume designs across the board to be honest. Black Panthers costume looks good but most seemed to be getting weaker.
                                My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Working...
                                X